Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from London... page

Ines is offline Junior Member

Hi from London...

Shop Now
    I'm a 42 year old woman from London. I started my non carb diet (after reading 'Why we get fat')about 2 months ago and got rid of 5 kg. Two weeks ago I stumbled upon Mark Sisson's website and I was pretty much convinced then and there and have since been on a journey to go Primal...so far so good but not sure I'm happy with weight loss...I was expecting it to be faster...My guess is I have to be patient and wait...

Hoping to learn lots here,
    Ines

Andrew Galea is offline Junior Member
    Hello Ines

Well done for your weight loss...more weight loss will soon come don't worry...just keep Primal!

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ines View Post
    I'm a 42 year old woman from London. I started my non carb diet (after reading 'Why we get fat')about 2 months ago and got rid of 5 kg. Two weeks ago I stumbled upon Mark Sisson's website and I was pretty much convinced then and there and have since been on a journey to go Primal...so far so good but not sure I'm happy with weight loss...I was expecting it to be faster...My guess is I have to be patient and wait...

Hoping to learn lots here,
    Ines
    How much have you lost over what period of time?

But generally its a slow process. Remember its a lifestyle though, you should also notice a great increase in your health and vitality which for me would be enough even if my fatloss was slow coming. In other words there are many other good things that come from primal eating than weight change albeit a nice part of it.

Well according to my tablet app I'm losing an average of 400g a week...put that way does not seem as bad...the week I stay the same I get really frustrated especially since I know I have been 'good' and stuck to the diet....well let's see what happens in the next few weeks...and months thanks for support and welcom

I'm losing an average of 400g a week according to my table app...put that way it does not seem as bad but the week I stay the same I get really frustrated especially since I have been good and stuck to the 'diet'...anyways let's see what happens in the coming weeks ...and moths ....thanks for welcome and support
    ines

ooops sorry...I'm new

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the club. Primal isn't a diet so try not to think about it like that. It's a long term life change. Weight watching is a part of the problem imho as it kind of sets people up to fail and can have some negative psycholgical effects. Have you started doing any exercise as that is really good for making you feel good and look good?

yes i am exercising, three times a week average...I'm seriously thinking of trying the primal fitness program...I've got as far as printing out the four moves so next just start on level 1 and work on the progression...
    I can see what you mean about the scales watching...it drives me mad and like this week looks like the scales are not on my favour and I don't know why and then I start to question everything and selfdoubt creeps in and then why bother....
    thanks for your encouriging word...

oh not again...I thought I had replied already....what am I doing wrong?!! Never mind...yes I have to stop jumping on the scales so regularly....drives me crazy when scales are not on my favour...selfdoubt creeps in and then I start on negative thoughts of 'why bother'.....I'm exercising 2-3 times a week but seriously thinking of folowing the pbf program...start of level 1 of every move and play twice a week and sprint....we'll see...thanks for the encouriging words...

mike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ines View Post
    I'm losing an average of 400g
    that's about what is been for me. note as others have said that the PB is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. Go out and walk under the sun or the stars. Feel grass under your feet. Eat, sleep, play. Grok on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast