Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from London... page 2

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't lost any weight for about four months although I believe I need to shed a good stone or so. I only know I haven't lost any weight in that time because Tuesday was the first time I stepped on the scales. That's how stressed I am, as in "Am I bovvered?"

I eat reasonably (and exercise a bit in short hard bursts) so I lost 62 lbs in a year and am more fit than I have been for at least 15 years. And, I am not getting the colds and other bugs I used to suffer from, a lot. Lastly, I do not get the hunger shakes if I'm late having a meal.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    Hello fellow Londoner!

May I ask how you felt going minimal carb? Are you consuming more carbs now you're on Primal? In what forms (starches, fruit)? I think the initial weight loss was water weight. Our metabolisms slow as we age, unfortunately. You need to be patient, rapid weight loss is unhealthy, steady weight loss is optimal. Make sure you track what you eat, your cals might be a bit high depending on your activity levels.
    Last edited by Mikee5; 06-30-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Ines is offline Junior Member
    yes I understand what you are saying and you are most probably spot on...I need to change my diet mentality and get used to the idea of healthy lifestyle...Monday jump on the scales day and I am 500g lighter...seriously thinking of doing without the scales but not quiet ready yet
    Mikee5 what do you mean by track calories? I thought low carb/primal equals no calorie counting....mmmm a bit confused...can you explain pls? thanks

IvyBaby is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I am in London too (Surrey).
    Just wanted to say that you should not rely on the scales at all. I don't use them anymore. I measure instead and also every now and then check how my tight clothes feel.. they are usually getting looser and looser. That's good enough for me. Weight can be affected by so many factors- water fluctuations, PMS, increase in muscle mass etc. Vibrant health that comes with this WOE is the best thing of all!
    Best of luck!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you might find low carb better than no carb actually; have you considered it?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Contrary to popular belief, carbs are not the main cause of obesity. Excess caloric intake is
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Rob45 is offline Junior Member
    Hi fellow Londoners.

How are you finding getting primal food around London? I work in the city so come lunch times its a challenge, I pop to M&S for meat and salad, if I don`t make it myself at home, but it is limited, most of their products have sugar in anyway.

I`ve been primal for just over 2 weeks, starts at 13.8 stone, and dropped 11 lbs in 2 weeks, have plateaued out now, but still enjoying it.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob45 View Post
    I work in the city so come lunch times its a challenge, I pop to M&S for meat and salad, if I don`t make it myself at home, but it is limited,
    When working or out and about, I'll take something with me. Roast chicken thigh, hard boiled egg(s), radishes, tomatoes and if I'm feeling the need, I'll also take an apple or banana. Mind you, now I've not had bread etc for over a year, I can actually go without until I get home.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Ines is offline Junior Member
    I also carry my lunch with me everywhere...If I'm out and about longer than anticipated I look for macadamians in the nut aisle...a very filling quick meal until I get home...

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob45 View Post
    Hi fellow Londoners.

How are you finding getting primal food around London? I work in the city so come lunch times its a challenge, I pop to M&S for meat and salad, if I don`t make it myself at home, but it is limited, most of their products have sugar in anyway.

I`ve been primal for just over 2 weeks, starts at 13.8 stone, and dropped 11 lbs in 2 weeks, have plateaued out now, but still enjoying it.

Hi Rob, I work in the City as well, near Moorgate, I figured out the best for me is to bring my own lunch to work, just cook extra the night before for dinner and put a portion away for your next day lunch. If I don't manage it on the odd days, there is always salads / Jacket potatoes (if you eat potatoes) and like you say M&S and Tesco express has good stuff too (most tesco expresses and waitrose -the Barbican area- sell rotisserie chicken )
    other eateries I think are abit of a ripoff, anything healthy is just so over priced !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast