Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dating! page 7

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    For the food thing, if asked, I usually say "As long as they have meat and salads, I'm fine." I figure, if there are questionable ingredients in the dressing or something, it's my 20%. Of course, if they absolutely insist on, say, a pizza only place, or The Olive Garden- I probably don't want to be dating him anyway
    Just wanted to point out that Olive Garden does have a couple gluten free options that are just meat + veggies and you can get the salad without croutons. It's usually what I end up doing when my dad wants to go there for a family night out.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Wear vibrams and t shirt of your choice: libertarian, commie, primal or anarchist. Embrace your strangeness!
    That's right. Hot isn't how weird you are or aren't. It's how comfortable you are in your own skin. Smart lady.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Mark should start a Paleo dating website...what to call it, though? OKGrok? Could be copyright violations, and it doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue. MeatUp.com? No, that could be interpreted the wrong way. PlentyOfFish wouldn't be bad, actually, but already taken :P
    No it should be called plenty of meat

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I will try to put this short and sweet, but keep in mind who you are dealing with

A great quote: "Never be ashamed or try to conceal what you want." Once a guy understands that he is talking to someone who means what she says, you are 90% the way there....go to places where "your kind" congregate, and be aggressive. I don't mean act like a slut. I mean act like you know what you want and you are going to make it happen.

I've found most men and women nowadays are TERRIFIED for the other person to know they are interested. I think that is the dumbest, most weak-sauce garbage I've ever seen....I love a woman that will come up to me and say "Hi. My name is ____. How are you today?"

Done.There is no game for those that don't wish to be players. Be direct. It works better and saves you time.
    I think your lifestyle is cool. I just spend my time doing boring activities with great long-term potential rather than fun/cool activities that make very marginal differences in long-term happiness. That's the only reason I'm not creating a root cellar or collecting albums and books. To each their own.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    To the OP - I understand that you would want someone that share the same lifestyle as you but honestly get to know the person first. I don't know how old you are but try to date someone a bit older than you are. I find that men in their 30's are more mature and open minded. My husband does not eat paleo but he understands me. I think he would be more freaked out if I decided to become vegetarian.

As far as meeting men in the gym, I find this to be a tricky one. If you happen to be eyeing someone currently, you may not know if they are single or not so the best way to do this is by making small chats. No straight guy will ignore you even if they are married if you start talking to them. As I can see on your avatar, you are pretty. Try to make eye contact, casually stare and then smile and look away. Believe me this works, I did this when I was single. I should also add that when you go to the gym, don't look like you just rolled out of bed. I don't mean that you have to come there with your hair and make up done but wear something cute. Guys are very visual if you know what I mean.

I actually had a guy ask me out at the my gym months ago. I have never even talked to this person and I know he has been coming there for as long I have been. I obviously had to turn him down nicely and let him know that I'm married. Needless to say I haven't seen this guy since then. I'm just mentioning this because he would have never known that I would not be interested unless he asked. He waited until I was done my repetition and plus I actually do not wear my wedding band because it hurts my hand when I lift heavy weights. My hand are full of calluses

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Olive Garden does have a couple gluten free options that are just meat + veggies and you can get the salad without croutons. It's usually what I end up doing when my dad wants to go there for a family night out.
    Are you celiac or seriously gluten-intolerant? A couple of years ago Olive Garden was advertising as a restaurant with safe gluten alternatives despite the fact that they heat their vegetables in the same hot water they have used to boil wheat pasta (and don't tell their patrons about this).

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Are you celiac or seriously gluten-intolerant? A couple of years ago Olive Garden was advertising as a restaurant with safe gluten alternatives despite the fact that they heat their vegetables in the same hot water they have used to boil wheat pasta (and don't tell their patrons about this).
    Allergic, I have trouble breathing almost immediately. I haven't eaten there in a few months but I do remember both the meat and veggies were described as grilled and seemed that way when I got them. I didn't have a reaction either. Maybe they wisened up about liability?

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Mark should start a Paleo dating website...what to call it, though? OKGrok? Could be copyright violations, and it doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue. MeatUp.com? No, that could be interpreted the wrong way. PlentyOfFish wouldn't be bad, actually, but already taken :P
    Have you ever heard of Sameplate.com ?? My friend created it actually... Ah ha! It's a very interesting and smart concept, it just needs to pick up!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    Allergic, I have trouble breathing almost immediately. I haven't eaten there in a few months but I do remember both the meat and veggies were described as grilled and seemed that way when I got them. I didn't have a reaction either. Maybe they wisened up about liability?
    It could be. I haven't been following it, since I was never a patron anyway.

andi is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    Have you ever heard of Sameplate.com ?? My friend created it actually... Ah ha! It's a very interesting and smart concept, it just needs to pick up!
    That is actually kinda cool!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast