Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating! page 4

Greenbeast is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It is something that concerns me, i don't expect to find a paleo/primal girl but it will be a problem in any long kind of relationship.
    I don't want to spend my life cooking two meals.

Like lazurus i'm a little bit of a throwback and do things that many modern women would find a bit odd or eccentric

november is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    November- Lazarus seems to be ignoring all the females, so, ah, how do you feel about dating Primal women?
    Well by virtue of being on this site you're almost certainly more confident, capable, mature, and probably sexier than 99% of men in the town where I live, so that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all The boys can go compare their cast-iron crockery elsewhere!
    Last edited by november; 06-28-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Well by virtue of being on this site you're almost certainly more confident, capable, mature, and probably sexier than 99% of men in the town where I live, so that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all The boys can go compare their cast-iron crockery elsewhere!
    Sounds like a euphemism

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Now you're just teasing us. Don't stop though.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    What are other people's experiences with navigating the singles scene as a modern-day Grok or Grokette?
    If I was single, and about your age, I'd join a CrossFit. Lots of amazing looking men, and it's a more sociable form of the gym.

As per your partner needing to get your diet...people prioritize things differently. I think pretty much every man can appreciate a good steak. (except vegans and vegetarians). If he also enjoys pizza, no big deal. I guarantee if you met a hot guy and say, cooked a dinner for him that was a big steak with some vegetable on the side as an afterthought, they'd be all DAYUM, even if they eat gluten.

Also, people evolve. I mean, hell, 15 years ago I would have protested Mr. Anthony (sorry), now I'd ask him to grill me up some of his meat LOL.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hey now, no knocking my cast iron! But other than that . . .

I think the live-and-let-live folks have a point. As long as they aren't veg*an or die-hard fast foodists, it can probably be made to work. Do you do any hiking/biking/rock climbing? That might be another way to find men that like their meat.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If I were in a position to be dating, and a guy asked me out to dinner. I don't know what I would do. The chances are that some random restaurant he'd be planning on might not have anything on the menu I could eat.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancaveman View Post
    As/if the relationship develops and sees what a fulfilled life I live, then perhaps she will come round to my way of living, until then I won't try to change who she is, and she won't try to change the way I am!
    Simples!!
    +1

I think that for me, it has made the process of dating much more practical....because let's face it, I am not meeting that kind of woman just anywhere. The odds that my kind of woman that would appreciate and respect my lifestyle would be chatted up at a bar are very low....so I have found that I do a little bit of Magnolia's advice. I go to a lot of places where "my kind" tend to congregate.

Crossfit gym, rugby club (we have more women than men!), Tough mudders, etc. A woman that takes care of herself like that usually understands where I come from...A friend of mine met a really awesome woman at a garden-supply store haggling over the price of a seed disk. He literally waited until the argument was over and said "Hello. I think you and I would get along pretty well. Are you spoken for, and will you go to lunch with me?"

My kind of guy

tresa is offline Member
    Call me old-fashioned, but I feel like some deep, instinctive part of me is like... "no, no, never ever have sex with this person, your children will be eaten by tigers", despite the fact that I'm fastidious about birth control and tigers are actually not a huge risk factor these days.
    Oh my lord girl, you made me laugh so hard! My 19yo daughter happily dates these silly hipster boys, and I'm like "How can you date someone whose ass you could so easily kick? For eff's sake, date some actual men!"

My only advice for you is find some activity/hobby/job/etc outside of College Land to meet people in! And if they can't come up with anything better than "let's hang out", they aren't worth your time.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    It's hard. I'm celiac and the SO still eats gluten, but is very good about not making me sick with it. The problem is that he's super picky and it's almost impossible to agree on food that I can eat and he wants to. We have about 5 or 6 meals and he won't try anything new. I'll try cooking new stuff and he'll go to bed before I'm finished. He'd rather not eat than try something new, but is it worth trying to find someone new when he's great except for his BS childlike eating habits and beer consumption?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast