Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating! page 2

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I don't feel like I can have guy friends because I always feel like they have an ulterior motive!
    You can't; we ALWAYS have one. Always.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

november is offline Member
    Mark should start a Paleo dating website...what to call it, though? OKGrok? Could be copyright violations, and it doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue. MeatUp.com? No, that could be interpreted the wrong way. PlentyOfFish wouldn't be bad, actually, but already taken :P

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I don't feel like I can have guy friends because I always feel like they have an ulterior motive! Even if they have girlfriends, I always get a sense...... Currently DRIVING me crazy!
    And we don't want friends who are girls either. Either GF or GTFO. There could be exceptions to this rule, but I've yet to find one.

Sent via electrical telegraph
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Mark should start a Paleo dating website...what to call it, though? OKGrok? Could be copyright violations, and it doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue. MeatUp.com? No, that could be interpreted the wrong way. PlentyOfFish wouldn't be bad, actually, but already taken :P
    MeatUp.com would be an excellent name.

Sent via smoke signals

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Really, guys? I love my male friends. Most of whom are as dateable as brothers and see me the same way.

Other than that, I got nuthin. I have a hard enough time getting a date, let alone one that might work out
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    As a man, I have found the inverse of your problem....I am a 28yo doctor and recently bought a LOT of land. Dating now is almost comical in the culture shock!

I am generally taken as a hypermasculine guy on first impression, just based on what I look like I think....when the discussion of primal comes up, it all starts to go even worse. It seems to come up earlier than I'd like, because invariably a meal will be a part of the first few dates. When I offer to go to a restaurant serving all grass-fed, then order a Ribeye and a double order of green beans, it's bound to come up.

Then we get to talk about what I do for fun....I explain that I read a lot, and prefer to do this in a nature setting rather than at home. I explain that I hiked MT Mansfield last weekend after a 36 hour fast, did a Ruck competition, etc. You get the idea.

Then we go to my humble home. I have no TV (hence why I write on here a lot), have dedicated my master bedroom to a library (6700 books, than you very much!), and cook with all cast iron. There is a wooden butter churner, a record player that you hand-crank, oil lamps, candles, mechanical coffee grinders,20lb bags of whole ingredients, a spice rack that involves going outside with a pair of scissors, and inside my fridge there is usually bone marrow I am seasoning into stock...a deep freeze full of stuff I hunted, mushrooms I get outside, a root cellar where I store my own veg...then I make them a nice fire in the woodstove....which I chopped myself and is my only heat source.

So one could see why I get from most women I've dated that "I'm like dating a guy from 1000 years ago". I write handwritten letters to them. I bring flowers to all dates if I can collect them in season. I am a 100% throwback.

That is why when I hear that "Primal is not a diet, it's a lifestyle", it makes me smile because it definitely applies to me that way. I find that I cannot afford for it to be omitted when I am on an early date, because otherwise they are in for quite a shock when they see where the sharp-dressed man on their forearm sleeps at night...

P.S. If a guy ever asks you to "hang out", he is a juvenile and not worth your time. I hang out with my dog. I court a pretty woman. Make a f-ing effort

So, Lazarus . . . how you doin'?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

november is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    So, Lazarus . . . how you doin'?
    Uh-uh, girlfriend, he is totally mine :P

Lazarus, you had me at "cast iron pans" and sealed the deal with "wood stove" and "handwritten letters". Anachronism is undervalued in this society.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you take this way too seriously.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Uh-uh, girlfriend, he is totally mine :P

Lazarus, you had me at "cast iron pans" and sealed the deal with "wood stove" and "handwritten letters". Anachronism is undervalued in this society.
    *backs away slowly*

Hey, you know, it was worth a try, but I cede the floor

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast