Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eating just egg yolks page 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He only eats 2 eggs a week, and claims that eggs outside the US have significantly less PUFA. He's even cut back on shellfish, and upped his liver intake a bit. He focuses a lot more on the sugar aspect of the diet lately.

I also got really sick of eggs, I used to eat 3-4 a day, now I eat 2 a month. I've upped shellfish intake a lot though.
    2 eggs a week is not enough for me. I probably do a dozen. I don't think that's high at all, especially considering the overwhelming bulk of my calories come from red meat, fruits, organic yogurt, cheese, white potatoes, sweet potatoes and plantains. I ain't scurred. There are too many good things about eggs to limit them to 2 a week! That being said IMO daily eggs...I'd grow tired too quickly.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I would wager that eggs and liver are self limiting in the vast majority of those eating primal. You may start off eating a pound of liver a day or 48 eggs a week, but thats usually just because you are so nutrient deplete that these nutrient dense foods really appeal to you (once you get over your culture induced addictions to processed garbage and sugar).

Once your past the honeymoon and your nutrient replete you will still crave these things, but probably on a less frequent or a cyclical basis. I had an eight egg omelet with goat cheese today, but thats the first time I've had eggs this week. 3 or more years ago when I first started I had at least 6 eggs a day everyday for at least a few months.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    That statement about food and gut bacteria is incorrect.

It should actually read "your starches and fibers are digested by bacteria". Not your food. Your food (protein and fat) doesn't require an excessive amount of bacteria to help you digest it.

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.c...it-anyway.html
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    2 eggs a week is not enough for me. I probably do a dozen. I don't think that's high at all, especially considering the overwhelming bulk of my calories come from red meat, fruits, organic yogurt, cheese, white potatoes, sweet potatoes and plantains. I ain't scurred. There are too many good things about eggs to limit them to 2 a week! That being said IMO daily eggs...I'd grow tired too quickly.
    Most important is the ratio, a dozen eggs a week was never a problem for me, I just got tired of them too. Most eggs I find have at minimum 1g of PUFA per egg, it's unfortunate.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Vary your diet more. Do you low-carb by any chance? People who low-carb tend to have unhealthy gut cultures. Remember, your food is digested by bacteria. If you don't have a healthy gut, you're not going to properly digest your food. Lactose intolerance, for example, is a product of an unhealthy gut (and low-carbers tend to experience it the worst). Fermented dairy, probiotic supplementation and foods rich in soluble fiber (bananas, plantains, white potatoes, sweet potatoes) help contribute to a healthy gut while high intakes of insoluble fiber (grains, fibrous green vegetables) tend to work against your gut health.

If you do have a minor egg intolerance, eating huge quantities of them (2-3+ dozen a week every week) in addition to low-carb dieting is a great way to bring them out. That doesn't mean never eat eggs - just cut back a bit and add in some fermented foods and soluble fiber in their expense.
    Interesting. Yes: low carb, no dairy, no sugar, no fruit except limited berries, very active. Carbs via spinach, avocado, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, etc. Also nuts: almonds, cashews, etc.

I can't believe I didn't piece this together. I had been taking Ultimate Flora Adult Formula 15 religiously but the past 1.5 months just have not ordered it. Now that you say this I noticed these issues with eggs after I quit taking those probiotics.

Wish I knew how to embed Jim Carrey's "We landed on the moon" image right now

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    Interesting. Yes: low carb, no dairy, no sugar, no fruit except limited berries, very active. Carbs via spinach, avocado, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, etc. Also nuts: almonds, cashews, etc.

I can't believe I didn't piece this together. I had been taking Ultimate Flora Adult Formula 15 religiously but the past 1.5 months just have not ordered it. Now that you say this I noticed these issues with eggs after I quit taking those probiotics.

Wish I knew how to embed Jim Carrey's "We landed on the moon" image right now
    Nut and vegetable fiber without an ounce of soluble fiber, sugars or fermented foods? I wouldn't be surprised if your gut flora is half of what it was eating purely SAD. I'd seriously consider adding quality dairy, fruits and at least lower GI starches into your diet. A probiotic supplement is advisable, but I prefer a good quality yogurt or kefir to a probiotic. I always prefer whole foods vs supplementation.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123