Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insanity/p90x diet questions page

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member

Insanity/p90x diet questions

Primal Fuel
    I'm just starting out on the insanity and p90x workout programs and both of them in the diet guidelines they both say to not go low carb or you will "bonk" during your workouts that you need plenty of carbs in order to fuel the workouts. I have been primal for almost 4 months now and i don't want to switch my eating habits from the way they are but my question is should i up my carb intake a little for these workout programs? i normally stay between 35 to 70 grams a day during the week and on the weekends around 100-200 grams. I have had plenty of energy so far so should i up my carb intake or maybe my fat intake or leave everything the way it is?

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I am currently doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Keeping my carbs at around 150 works well for me, plus of course plenty of fat. The only non primal source of carbs for me are (I know I'm gonna get some crap for this) Shakeology and the Results and Recovery drink. I'm addicted to them
    Just do it and see how you feel. Make adjustments if needed. You may find that you have plenty of energy.
    Let me know how you make out.
    Steve

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    With 50 carbs a day I can get through my workouts with P90X. I could probably increase it but I like being under 50 carbs. What is Insanity like? Would you prefer one over the other?

Insanity is WAY more cardio. Like Plyo on CRACK

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Do you notice results fast? Can you get through the workouts? Are the workouts as long as P90x? Sorry for the questions just kind of in a rut with p90x.

Results depend on how hard you work. If you are in a rut with P90X then Insanity or an Insanity hybrid is just the thing. I switch the insanity workouts for the P90X cardio days. So instead of Plyo and Kenpo I throw in Insanity.
    Feel free to shoot me an email if you have more questions, no problem. My email's in my profile.
    Steve

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    why not just stick with regular weight training and hill sprints?

This works for me.

alexa85 is offline Senior Member
    i switched from a (not strict) p90x diet to primal within the fifth or sixth week of p90x. i found that i had more energy to complete the workouts once i switched. as i got into the fourth or fifth week i started feeling fatigued and found myself dragging during workouts. i never bought the recovery drink, but opted to make my own with protein powder, a lil milk, and some %100 grape juice but i stopped doing that after going primal. i've since kinda dropped p90x, but plan on using some of the weightlifting programs in my own routine that i want to include brazilian ju jitsu, yoga, walking, kettlebells, and sprints. i liked the program, didn't like the diet - i was starving all the time and if i didn't eat within 30 mins of working out i turned into a zombie. literally.
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

I'm with ya on the zombie part... Today I am eating like crazy. I will probably hit 2,800 calories by the end of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast