Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35 days in and weight loss has stopped. page

Grokinit is offline Junior Member

35 days in and weight loss has stopped.

I'm on day 35 and initially lost 22 pounds. Now I'm struggling. Up a pound down a pound. What can I do to jumpstart the weight loss again?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    It's tough to determine what is causing the progress to slow without the details (calories, macronutrient composition) of your diet. Maybe take a bit of a diet break to allow your metabolism, leptin, thyroid to recover, and then go back to dieting. But, knowing the details of your diet would help tremendously.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Grokinit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    It's tough to determine what is causing the progress to slow without the details (calories, macronutrient composition) of your diet. Maybe take a bit of a diet break to allow your metabolism, leptin, thyroid to recover, and then go back to dieting. But, knowing the details of your diet would help tremendously.
    Thanks for your reply.

Currently I am taking in approx. 1200 cals. per day. 85g fat. 50g protein. 30g carb. These numbers vary slightly from day to day.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Initial weight loss can often be quick & then "stall". Sometimes, it's just bloat & water weight. 1200 calories seems low to me, for any activity level, unless you are much shorter than average.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    When carbs are as low as you have them for a long period of time, your metabolism will suffer, there's no way around it. I would recommend doing a refeed in which you consume a good amount of carbohydrates (how many depends on many factors) so that you can raise leptin and get your metabolism going again.

And I would recommend doing a refeed either once per week or once every two weeks. Mark has some specific refeed information on his blog.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokinit View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

Currently I am taking in approx. 1200 cals. per day. 85g fat. 50g protein. 30g carb. These numbers vary slightly from day to day.
    Reduced metabolism due to your starvation diet would be my guess.

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    @OP - What are your stats? Age, gender, height and weight. Since if you didn't have that much to lose in the first place, it makes sense that you would stall out...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Losing weight is seldom a linear process except from the first few weeks. And I somehow disagree with some of the posters above me about metabolic slowdown, yes it happens, but it is not that much reduction as most people like to think. But strange things happen, people can go for lots of time without seeing any changes, and then suddenly they start losing again. Anyway 35 days is not very much time on a diet so be patient…

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Reduced metabolism due to your starvation diet would be my guess.
    Agreed. 1200kCal is too low....I have two words that will help: CHEAT DAY

What is your gender, age, rough BF%, goal? 1200Kcal for a 60yo petite woman ain't the same as a 20yo man

Your leptin will adjust itself to that kind of calorie restiction over time and cause fat loss to stop, very common and expected. What BF are you at to cut that heavily? Throw it a curve by of eating like a pig. A primal pig...maybe every 7-10 days.
    Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 06-27-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You entire day is a midday snack for me. Are you a teeny tiny middle aged woman with an office job? If not, you're maybe eating way too little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast