Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 35 days in and weight loss has stopped. page 2

Grokinit is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    @OP - What are your stats? Age, gender, height and weight. Since if you didn't have that much to lose in the first place, it makes sense that you would stall out...
    48 female 5'8" 254lb

vincebae is offline Member
    1200 cal seems too low to me, too. I've heard that people usually consume 1500~1600 cal per day during the low carb diet, and I think that's reasonable amount.
    I also had about 2 weeks plateau after about a month (for the first month I lost about 2 ~ 2.5 lbs per week), but now back to weight loss stage (about 2 lbs per week).

BTW, what about exercises?

Grokinit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vincebae View Post
    BTW, what about exercises?
    I'm doing a relaxed pace walk 6 days a week for 2 hours. I also do race walking up hill 4 days a week for an hour.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    35 days is about right for the awful "plateau" effect - on any weight loss plan. Counter-intuitive though it may be, a day or two at 1600 - 1700 calories might set you right. In fact one day a week of 1600 calories won't slow you down and may increase weight loss.

When I had over a hundred pounds to lose, I lost 21 pounds the first month. Subsequent to that the next few months were 13-14 pounds per month, then 7-8 pounds per month. Anytime my scale stalled for more than 10 days, I ate a nice healthy 1600 day, even if it wasn't one of my weekend 1600 calorie days.

Good luck!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokinit View Post
    I'm doing a relaxed pace walk 6 days a week for 2 hours. I also do race walking up hill 4 days a week for an hour.
    I recommend you to add weight training sessions about twice or three times week.
    Mark's primal fitness guide here is a great guide for the beginner.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread12643.html

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It's nothing like a "too low calorie diet" - since a water fast on 0 calories will make people lose lots of weight! Going very low on calories is very stressful though, and stress produces a hormonal imbalance that makes the body retain water and "mask" the fatloss for a while. That's the usual reason why stalled dieters start to lose weight again when getting more calories and carbs; the body drops the retained water.

Yes, to the OP, you will probably see a more linear weightloss by raising you calories, and I would recommend you to eat around 2000 calories and go from there...

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Put me down for the 1x/week " primal cheat day" to reset your leptin. Use it as your increase carbs and calorie day. There is an alternate day fast (actually one day low cal one day normal) thread you may wanna check out. Also, yes add in just a bit of strength training with the walking. It will really help you retain some lean mass.

I actually use the cheat day concept even now. It works well in conjunction with low carb primal.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Agreed. 1200kCal is too low....I have two words that will help: CHEAT DAY

What is your gender, age, rough BF%, goal? 1200Kcal for a 60yo petite woman ain't the same as a 20yo man

Your leptin will adjust itself to that kind of calorie restiction over time and cause fat loss to stop, very common and expected. What BF are you at to cut that heavily? Throw it a curve by of eating like a pig. A primal pig...maybe every 7-10 days.
    1200 with a refeed day is WAY smarter than 1200 day after day. I like.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Losing 22 pounds in 35 days is an exceptional start. Relax and continue to listen to your body for a few more months. This is not a crash diet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast