Thread: Anyone tried About Time Whey protein? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

Anyone tried About Time Whey protein?

Primal Fuel
    looking for a new powder to try that is relatively cheap after my now unflavored whey is used up.

ingredients: Cold pressured ultra micro-filtered whey isolate, natural flavors, xanthan gum, stevia

looks fine enough.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I used to use About Time before switching to Primal Fuel. About Time was fantastic! Definitely the best ingredients and flavor I could find for the price. I only switched to Primal Fuel because I needed more of a true meal replacement rather than a simple protein shake.

I loved Birthday Cake and Mocha Mint.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    I used About Time for my smoothies when half marathon training. The cinnamon swirl is great!

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Funny, I just ordered samples of all of the flavors. So far I have tried birthday cake and mocha mint and they were awesome! I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Out of curiosity, how do people utilize whey protein? I like to have them post workout or in the evening instead of ice cream.

danlyjames is offline Junior Member
    The patented production method used to produce this Creatine yields a tasteless, odorless powder that mixes easily into water or juice and does not readily settle to the bottom.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisyummy View Post
    Funny, I just ordered samples of all of the flavors. So far I have tried birthday cake and mocha mint and they were awesome! I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Out of curiosity, how do people utilize whey protein? I like to have them post workout or in the evening instead of ice cream.
    I don't use it very often anymore, but I like to add it to some fresh cream and frozen berries and pop it in the magic bullet to make like an ice cream. Or add a couple of scoops to a mashed banana and a few beaten eggs (magic bullet's good for this too), maybe throw in some berries or cocoa powder and poor the mixture into a coffee cup so it's half full. Putting a chunk of dark chocolate in the bottom of the mug first is also good. Microwave it for 30 secs at a time until it's just a little wet in the top, turn it out into a plate and you've got a delicious desert (if you've put chocolate in the bottom of mug it will now be a delicious chocolate sauce on the top. Great for post workout :-)

Add vanilla, cinnamon etc for more flavour, or using cooked Apple or homemade Apple sauce instead of banana is also good.

Play with the coming time for different textures. In these pics I slightly under cooked then so they were self saucing with a kind of custard.

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Um, that looks ah-mazeballs

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisyummy View Post
    Um, that looks ah-mazeballs
    Thanks, I like em :-)
    They're good without the protein powder to, just a little more like an egg custard.

Have been meaning to try with finely chopped coconut or coconut floor instead, but haven't gotten to it yet.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/