Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diabetes prevalence by country page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lol gorbag

I'm pretty sure if CarbDodger having lived in a place for 6 months has got a fair perception of the culture. Only you could argue that someones first hand experience must be atypical.
    Well, I stayed and worked for years there, also learned the language, so I am pretty sure that CarbDogders experience is atypical. Things may have changed a little during the last years, since I stayed there in the eighties. But I am pretty convinced that the staple food in those countries is still bread and carbs and relative low fat...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I was just checking a map with macro breakdown, but frankly it doesn't help decifer the source of macros (i.e. bread vs fruit).

Plus who knows how legit it is, but there you go if anyone wants a look Dietary Macronutrient Composition per capita

And the eighties!!! Damn your old but yeah, I'm sure there is regional variance so maybe you can both be correct rather than saying that ones experience must be atypical.

Of course the whole world is becoming westernized and totalitarian agriculture ruled, so its no surprise that this map shows very little differences (except caloric load).
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-28-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I was just checking a map with macro breakdown, but frankly it doesn't help decifer the source of macros (i.e. bread vs fruit).

Plus who knows how legit it is, but there you go if anyone wants a look Dietary Macronutrient Composition per capita

And the eighties!!! Damn your old but yeah, I'm sure there is regional variance so maybe you can both be correct rather than saying that ones experience must be atypical.

Of course the whole world is becoming westernized and totalitarian agriculture ruled, so its no surprise that this map shows very little differences (except caloric load).
    Except the N=1 experience of CarbDodger and Gorbag; Scandinavians are famous world vide as notorious bread eaters! It’s a bit like the Japanese and rice, things may have changed dietary in Japan over the last years, but I am pretty sure that rice is still a staple food there…

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Interesting link.
    Among the developed nations I was surprised both by how similar the macrats are, and how the differences don't seem to predict much healthwise. I wonder if the energy excess is being driven by a combination of nutrient deficiency and (possibly addictive) toxins in some nations but not others?
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

peril is offline Senior Member
    Vegetable oil vs seafood
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Aww, come on. Nobody sassed my hoopy Hitchhiker reference?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Sorry knife! Musta missed the the reference

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123