Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet potatoees as an everyday food? Even on days of light activity? page 2

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Depends on how many we're talking about. A bedridden patient can utilize of a certain amount of glucose without running out of places to stash it but 1 potato =/= 12 potatoes.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Eating them at breakfast is an awesome way to start your day off with some fuel!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think the easiest and tastiest way to prepare sweet potatoes is to roast them in the skins, then peel on cooling. It concentrates the flavor. You can slice them, mash with butter, so many different ways. They are also easy to fix as home fries or boiled in stew.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not my favorite food - I know - burn her at the stake. But just in general, I don't like to eat the same food every day. There are just so many delicious foods out there. I'm not sure we're meant to eat any one every day. Bacon? Delicious - maybe 10x per year. Salmon - awesome and healthy - maybe 50 pounds/year. Eggs - awesome and healthy - about 3-4x per week (and I eat two per serving, not a half dozen). There's lamb, goat, avocado, duck, chicken, beef, sardines, oysters, squid, liver, tongue, too much to mention - I just don't understand why someone would eat any one of them every day.

But if you like it, and you don't get bored, and you don't binge, sweet potatoes are a nice starch.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, I would rather have white potatoes than sweet ones. The reason is that white potatoes have far more starches than simple sugars while sweet ones have about half - half. Cooled baked white potatoes are therefore richer in resistant starch, which is good for your colon and probably more

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You will get tired of them. I used to eat them 4-5 days a week. Now I can't face the thought of eating one. And I loved a sweet potato.
    Yeah, go easy! I've only just returned to a once much loved food.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    I eat a white potato everyday and only do cardio 3-4 times a week, still pretty lean.

Dumisanismith is offline Junior Member
    I just love them boiled...they definitely are great in taste and rich in nutrients...

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a problem with it. If your diet, exercise, sleep and lifestyle are in good nick having a sweet potato per day will do not harm, in fact it'll probs perk you up even more.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat almost one sweet potato a day. It makes no difference to my weight. I do lift though and I try to have one sprint session per week.

Right now I have one yam, one yellow sweet potato and one white potato on my desk. I didn't get around to eating them this week. I went for butternut squash and riced cauliflower/carrot for a few days instead.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast