Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool meals for HOT weather

Hybrid View

Cool meals for HOT weather

It just got really hot and muggy here all of a sudden. I blame the late mansoon season last year, so I'm not ready for all this heat. I need some recipes that aren't hot and stodgy. Things made with leftovers are fine, I just don't want a warm heavy meal.

My main hot weather meals are salads - I usually use a huge bowl of lettuce and add sliced strawberries, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, blue cheese crumbles and then a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Yummy. Fruit on salads makes them especially refreshing I think.

I also make zucchini noodles a lot. This is an great non-cooking one.

Steak popsicle.

My favorite breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Steak popsicle.

Ok im listening :-D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Steak popsicle.
    That almost made water come out my nose...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

I cook potatoes and large hunks of meat in the evening, when it is cooler, as I don't have a/c. Then there's always something cold to eat during the day.

Pasta and red bean salad slathered with Miracle Whip!

he he, just kidding!

Gazpacho!

Put your canned fish in the fridge. Yummy for summer. Dump over a sliced tomato with some hot sauce - easiest meal ever. When you have some time, cook up a few chickens. Cut them up into meal sized portions and freeze. Cold chicken is good. Same with potato salad - you do make your own mayo, right? Also, depending on how many you'll eat in a week, make a half to a dozen hard boiled eggs at a time. Put in fridge - write the date on the shells so you don't let them sit too long.

Learn to make Homemade Gravlax | Mark's Daily Apple add a little goat cheese, wrap in nori - fanfreakintastic.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I actually hate mayo, even the homemade stuff. Sad I know, but its a texture thing. One of the few foods I really just don't like.

I do eat leftovers (mmm Sunday roast makes any Tuesday better). Getting board with same old lettuce salads, but I've been experimenting with cold roasted cauliflower (also, cauliflower rice, I don't get it, but this stuff is good). I'll do some more experimenting. It's definitely easier to open a can of beans than cook meat and figure out what to do with it. Wrap it in bacon. Maybe, my ex vegetarian *** will get there eventually.