Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice , I'm stuck!!! page

cinders is offline Member

advice , I'm stuck!!!

Hi all, I've been Primal on and off for 3 years. I lost 3 stone, Then I had a horrendously stressful time with family illness and loosing both parents within 2 years of each other and I went off the rails. I'm back on the Primal straight and narrow now, BUT I'm not loosing any weight what so ever;
    I put on 10lb with all the stress and eating the wrong foods and it doesn't matter what I do it will not shift.

I have M.E and Fibromyalgia so I cant exercise. All the fat is around my middle. There is type 2 diabetes right through my family and I don't want to go there .

I've really cut down. here is a sample day;

Breakfast; 1 nectarine, 2 eggs scrambled in a nob of butter.

Lunch; Left over Meatballs with gravy

snack- homemade chocolate- handful mixed seeds-10 cherries

Dinner- Poached salmon with stir fry veg fried in coconut oil

I've cut down on fruit but nothings happening. any advice would be gratefully received. I'm concentrating on being healthy but I really would like to get rid of this belly fat

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I think you're doing brilliantly to have regained less than 25% of the weight you lost.

The tough thing about stress is that it alters our hormones so even if our diet and exercise is perfect, we will still be in fat storage mode. Your food looks OK to me - no doubt someone more experienced will have suggestions.

If I was going to give you some primal living advice, it would be to sleep, play, de-stress/meditate and spend time with people you love, as much as possible.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    too much fruit, not enough fat or protein

from what you post here

getting rid of fat in a specific place is totally about hormone control. Assuming you are female in childbearing years you need to focus on leveling sex and stress hormones.

have ME and FM means you need to focus on energy hormones too

i suggest a full hormone panel.. do your research and have a lab run all of them.. it is the one you ignore that is the one that is hurting you.

the free advice.....

you are converting all of your HDL to Cortisol. You are increasing your LDL to compensate for the damage. and you are not able to rest due to the imbalance.

Tank up on Vitamin D3 + cofactors. eat moar butter eat no fruit and eat 1 gr per kg of lean mass of a protein source DAILY
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Can you get moving but at all? Walking is great exercise and I have heard that walking/movement does help those with Fibromyalgia!

Also how much chocolate are you eating and is it unsweetened? And how much meatballs are you eating?

Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I think you're doing brilliantly to have regained less than 25% of the weight you lost.

The tough thing about stress is that it alters our hormones so even if our diet and exercise is perfect, we will still be in fat storage mode. Your food looks OK to me - no doubt someone more experienced will have suggestions.

If I was going to give you some primal living advice, it would be to sleep, play, de-stress/meditate and spend time with people you love, as much as possible.
    Thank you for your advice. I know my cortisol is making me store the fat around my stomach. I do a relaxation/meditation every day to switch off, as for sleep! I don't sleep very well but that's the Fibro and M.E's doing. I have the room dark, no lights at all from clocks etc. I follow all the advice. strangely enough the more exhausted and the more pain I'm in the less I sleep. Its annoying. I've just gone on to oral morphine for the pain o that is knocking me flat! I do surround myself with people I love and I go out with friends as much as possible. its not much and at weekends hubby and I always go out one day for a break and change of scenery.

Hi Quelsen, Thank you for your helpful reply.

I'm actually 50 and peri-menopausal. I just had a look at paying for private blood tests and they are prohibitively expensive so that's out.

I've really cut down on fruit and will try and cut down even more. I only ate 1 nectarine and 10 cherries yesterday. is that too much? I'm training myself to just eat protein and veg. Its a work in progress. My carbs are coming in at between 50-100 which is good for me!! I'm keeping a track at an online tracker.

I take vit D3 but I should ramp the dose up. I hate to sound thick, but what are the cofactors you mention with the Vit D??

Thanks for your help

Hi Gigi,
    thanks for your reply. I can barely walk at all. I know walking helps some Fibro folks but I can only get 20 M. I use a wheelchair or scooter outside the house. I do have a dvd from a Uni in Oregon which is gentle exercises for chronic pain. I do this when I can. its very gentle stretching, yoga and pilates. I also have a slendertone belt for the huge wobbly stomach!!

I also camt to the conclusion I'm eating to much of my delicious home made choc. Its dark. I found a recipe online ,its basically, cocoa butter, cocoa, lucuma powder, agave, coconut oil and whatever else you want to put in.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    from the Vitamin D Council

To get the most benefit from vitamin D, you must have other cofactors in your body. Vitamin D has a number of cofactors; the ones listed below are the most important.

Magnesium
    Vitamin K
    Zinc
    Boron
    Vitamin A

you life, your rules...

as for me.

i only eat berries (straw, blue, black, rasp), i find that citrus blows me up beyond reason and that bananas are too full of sugar.

I also do figs and occasionally dates. with my insulin sensitivity fructose plays merry hell on my system

the short answer... no fruit other than berries.

Please also remember that as your carbs go down your fat needs to increase. do not lower total caloric intake by removing the carbs
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I suggest eating more rich, nutritious foods. You might also talk to dragonfly and paleobird about eating more nutrient dense food (higher fat, etc), and how that works for women peri and post menopause.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    from the Vitamin D Council

To get the most benefit from vitamin D, you must have other cofactors in your body. Vitamin D has a number of cofactors; the ones listed below are the most important.

Magnesium
    Vitamin K
    Zinc
    Boron
    Vitamin A

you life, your rules...

as for me.

i only eat berries (straw, blue, black, rasp), i find that citrus blows me up beyond reason and that bananas are too full of sugar.

I also do figs and occasionally dates. with my insulin sensitivity fructose plays merry hell on my system

the short answer... no fruit other than berries.

Please also remember that as your carbs go down your fat needs to increase. do not lower total caloric intake by removing the carbs
    Thanks for the info.

I take a multi vit- must check if it had Boron in it-its esp for folks with Fibromyalgia.

I love fruit but I've really cut back. I used to make a fruit smoothie for breakfast so I've cut that out. I try and just eat 1 or two pieces of fruit a day now.I adore summer fruits, nectarines, cherries etc . I'm not a lover of bananas so don't really miss them.

I cook with coconut oil, butter or beef dripping and today I made an oxtail soup which was delicious and had all the fat off the meat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast