Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice , I'm stuck!!! page 2

cinders is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I suggest eating more rich, nutritious foods. You might also talk to dragonfly and paleobird about eating more nutrient dense food (higher fat, etc), and how that works for women peri and post menopause.
    I'll give message them thanks

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Cinders~
    Got your msg! Thanks for the shoutout, Zoebird!

Quelsen has given some really great advice. You need to stop thinking about calories and start thinking about hormonal balance.

My personal experience at age 50, matched by my experience with clients, is that we older women need to cut our carbs waaaaay down and ramp up our micronutrients. Sleep is also key. You may even need to go into ketosis, like me.

Check out my blog posts on menopause nutrition, sleep, and supplements as well as my recent blog post on what I eat for more info and links. Here's the link to my blog: Blog - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

ps
    Going into ketosis may significantly reduce your Fibro and ME symptoms, too! Again, lots of links about ketosis on my "What I Eat" blog post.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Slow walking just 20 - 30 minutes is very helpful. Try for twice a day. Swing your arms a bit as well.

Make sure your multi-vitamin is from excellent sources. That really makes a difference.

Agreed - more fats and protein. Suggest more canned fish - anchovies, sardines, mackerel, etc.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

cinders is offline Member
    Hi Dragonfly,
    thanks for your help. I have read your blog with interest. I have really cut down my carbs and am around the 50 mark which I am very happy with. I am also delighted to report a 4lb weight loss in 1 week so I will keep on going.
    We're going on holiday next week for 10 days so I'll really have to curb myself. Its getting over the mentality,on an all inclusive holiday, that you've paid for it so why shouldn't you eat it!! This is our 5th all inclusive holiday so I'm pretty sure I'm over that now and will stick on the straight and narrow. all I need to do is look at my stomach in a bikini ( not a pretty sight!!!), and that should keep me going!!!!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weightloss, Cinders - enjoy your holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by cinders View Post
    Hi Dragonfly,
    thanks for your help. I have read your blog with interest. I have really cut down my carbs and am around the 50 mark which I am very happy with. I am also delighted to report a 4lb weight loss in 1 week so I will keep on going.
    We're going on holiday next week for 10 days so I'll really have to curb myself. Its getting over the mentality,on an all inclusive holiday, that you've paid for it so why shouldn't you eat it!! This is our 5th all inclusive holiday so I'm pretty sure I'm over that now and will stick on the straight and narrow. all I need to do is look at my stomach in a bikini ( not a pretty sight!!!), and that should keep me going!!!!
    So glad it was helpful, Cinders. Congrats on your progress and have a great time!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Have you tried removing nightshades from your diet? Tomatoes, peppers, potatoes and eggplant, oh and tobacco if you smoke. The pain those foods were causing me was ridiculous! Within one week, I was sooooo much better, off the narcotics and then off the ibuprofen. I could move again! Check out some of the posts here about it - the stories are amazing.

Can you go swimming? It really helps with movement and overall well being when in so much pain.

Best of luck to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12