Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick and easy school lunches? page 2

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Have you got any links for some good recipes?

I think I'm irrationally worried about calories, fat, etc, as I'm trying to lose weight. Someone on here said that young adults can basically eat whatever they want, as long as it's clean, and they get plenty of exercise and sleep. Sounds exactly like the foundations of paleo - it just sounds too good to be true, especially when I hear of women who have great difficulty losing weight.
    These women have years of dieting and are typically metabolically messed up. At 15 you should still have fine foundations so whole food to satiety will allow your body to do what it needs. Also be sure to keep an eye on your height if you're not losing weight. You should still be growing up, so you might start to slim down by getting taller but not losing pounds.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    These women have years of dieting and are typically metabolically messed up. At 15 you should still have fine foundations so whole food to satiety will allow your body to do what it needs. Also be sure to keep an eye on your height if you're not losing weight. You should still be growing up, so you might start to slim down by getting taller but not losing pounds.
    I'm a little afraid that I've kinda messed my metabolism too...I had an issue with bingeing a few months ago. However, it was only for a few months, so maybe it's not too bad...

I'm 5'4" at the moment, but I only started really growing when I was 13. Maybe I'll have another spurt soon? I look 15, but I still look really babyish, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal-V View Post
    Hi ebrady98,

I would suggest taking cheese (if you do dairy) boiled eggs in to supplement your lunch, I ate 3 boiled eggs in my salad yesterday and they did me proud! If you have access to a microwave then leftovers are great too, I save some of my dinner for lunch most nights. I also keep a small jar of coconut oil at my desk to add to coffee if I'm feeling hungry.

Please forgive me offering other advise where you maybe weren't asking, I'm not a teen anymore (but I was a chubby 15 year old once) but I would seriously try to forget about calories for the time being and learn to embrace (good) fat. At 15 your body is still growing and changing and if you focus on restricting calories you may deprive yourself of your potential to grow up healthy and strong.

I'm a firm believer that focusing on getting good, whole food with proper nutrition will help your body to naturally self-regulate your calorie intake and weight, even if it takes time to get to where you'd like to be.

Forget the numbers and think about the quality and type of food your eating, I envy you for finding Primal at such an important age!
    I think I am leaning out all over, even if it's just a little bit. It's taking its time, but I suppose that's good. It's quite hard to forget about calories, especially when you're trying to lose!

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I'm a little afraid that I've kinda messed my metabolism too...I had an issue with bingeing a few months ago. However, it was only for a few months, so maybe it's not too bad...

I'm 5'4" at the moment, but I only started really growing when I was 13. Maybe I'll have another spurt soon? I look 15, but I still look really babyish, if that makes sense.
    Height is not the only indicator of growth. My hips grew more in the past year and I'm 25. I stopped getting taller around 15. I don't think you need to worry about your metabolism as long as you eat well, sleep well, and stay moderately active. Don't stress over this! It should be a stress-free thing
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Height is not the only indicator of growth. My hips grew more in the past year and I'm 25. I stopped getting taller around 15. I don't think you need to worry about your metabolism as long as you eat well, sleep well, and stay moderately active. Don't stress over this! It should be a stress-free thing
    I think the ghost of my low-fat, calorie controlled past is still here, somewhere :P thanks, I'll try not to worry about it too much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12