Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Store-bought Mayo - Grrr page 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Don't try to do it with a hand whisk. It will take 15 minutes and your arm will fall off.
    It's only a flesh wound!

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    I've not had luck with my stick blender or food processor, but one thing that does work well is using the whisk attachment in my Kitchenaid standing mixer. I usually do it by hand, because it's an extra arm workout!

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    I made mayo for the first time last weekend. It was a piece of cake using my hand-held stick blender. I made two cups of mayo using two whole eggs, two cups of extra light olive oil, 4 tbsp of oil apple cider vinegar, a little dijon mustard, a little paprika, and salt. I put everything in a bowl except the olive oil and blended for a few seconds. Then I added the oil in a continuous very thin stream. The thin stream is very important. It's best to let it set up in the fridge for a little bit after making it.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    there is a mayo called lemonaise. it is made wuth canola oil which isn't that much better than soy oil but it does okay in a pinch. I also believe there is ni sugarxadded.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Homemade Paleo Mayo Cooking Demo - Everyday Paleo

Worked the first time for me. But now I make only 1/2 this much and reduce the olive oil a little. You can substitute lemon juice for the vinegar and I thiink it's better. It's certainly simple to make. It lasts about 1 week.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12