Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zero carbs, tripple or quadrouple amount of fat. page

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member

zero carbs, tripple or quadrouple amount of fat.

Say now I eat zero carbs, thus insulin secretion at bare minimum, what would happen if I eat four times my total fat intake, i.e. increase it to 600g and keep protein at a pound per body weight?

Would the fat that i don't use as energy get stored in the adipose tissue, similar to what happens with unused sugar?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Excess calories get stored, period. Fat can be stored in the complete absence of insulin.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You would put on weight. How much... why don't you try it and let us know how it works out for you? There's a guy not long ago who did a 5000 calories a day for 30 days thing on youtube. He was kind of a leangainer. If you find it easy to put on weight, you might end up converting all the excess calories to body fat.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Depends on your metabolism. Peter Attia, over at the eating Academy blog estimates that 1/3 of his patients gain, 1/3 stay the same and 1/3 lose on a high fat, ketotic, hyper caloric diet.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    Seems to be an exception rather than the rule. We have known that there are people like him, those that can eat as much as they want, and not get fat. The reasons are not fully understood, but it probably has a lot to do with metabolism, a low set point, etc. etc.

Put the average person on this diet and they will fail miserably. I find that it's a bit ridiculous that he makes the claim that calories don't count just because of his little experiment (there are others who have made the same claims, Dave Asprey comes to mind, but don't even get me started on some of his stuff).

So, yeah, there are people who are simply resistant to fat gain no matter what they eat. I wouldn't use this as a reference point for the average person, however.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

There was another guy doing a similar experiment on youtube not long before Sam Feltham started his. That guy quit after putting on a pound a day.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    eKatherine, I'm fairly sure if I tried it, that would be me!

Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    eKatherine, I'm fairly sure if I tried it, that would be me!
    Me, too. I'm glad somebody else was willing to take one for the team.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Seems to be an exception rather than the rule. We have known that there are people like him, those that can eat as much as they want, and not get fat. The reasons are not fully understood, but it probably has a lot to do with metabolism, a low set point, etc. etc.

Put the average person on this diet and they will fail miserably. I find that it's a bit ridiculous that he makes the claim that calories don't count just because of his little experiment (there are others who have made the same claims, Dave Asprey comes to mind, but don't even get me started on some of his stuff).

So, yeah, there are people who are simply resistant to fat gain no matter what they eat. I wouldn't use this as a reference point for the average person, however.
    It's direct evidence that calories don't count BECAUSE there's more at play. The argument against CICO is that CICO people tend to insist that calories are ALL that matter. in fact, that's exactly how CICO is defined. I never see the argument framed as "Calories in Calories Out + Hormones + History + Genetics = body composition)." It's always simply, CICO. And that's where CICO fails.
    Last edited by The Rebooted Body; 06-27-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast