Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zero carbs, tripple or quadrouple amount of fat. page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    It's direct evidence that calories don't count BECAUSE there's more at play. The argument against CICO is that CICO people tend to insist that calories are ALL that matter. in fact, that's exactly how CICO is defined. I never see the argument framed as "Calories in Calories Out + Hormones + History + Genetics = body composition)." It's always simply, CICO. And that's where CICO fails.
    I agree that there is more at play. However, what's frustrating is when someone thinks that they will lose weight without being in a caloric deficit due to some "magic" combination of macronutrients or manipulation of a specific hormone (insulin, for example). The fact remains that in order to lose fat, you must create an energy deficit, and vice versa.

It's amazing how many people ask for diet advice, and they can tell you the exact details of the mechanisms of the diet they're following, yet when you ask them how many calories they're eating, they have no idea. I see this all the time and I'm sure you do as well. And they wonder why they're not making progress. The energy deficit is the most basic and important fundamental to fat loss.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Say now I eat zero carbs, thus insulin secretion at bare minimum, what would happen if I eat four times my total fat intake, i.e. increase it to 600g and keep protein at a pound per body weight?

Would the fat that i don't use as energy get stored in the adipose tissue, similar to what happens with unused sugar?
    when you are in a ketotic state unused energy is burned as free heat.

There are a trillion caveats to add to this explanation but they all boil down to

if that does not happen you are broken.

if you are not broken you burn excess energy as free heat from 10pm to 2am daily. done correctly this will reduce your energy excess and bring you to homeostasis
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    additionally it takes 3 days to remove glucose from the system.

understand as well that as trigs are cleaved into glucose and ldl your blood sugar will rise and your insulin levels will show as if you had eaten glucose.

the type of experiment you propose is best monitored with regular blood work for a full Cholesterol panel and Fasting Insulin and HbA1c levels... regular as in every 3-4 weeks.

speaking as someone who lives this way being ketotic takes a bit to acclimate to and then requires a completely different mindset on eating than one that follows a non ketotic way of life.

being ketotic is not something that will bring measurable results in a short time. it takes about 3 weeks just to get there.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12