Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please critique my breakfast and lunch if needed. page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

Please critique my breakfast and lunch if needed.

Primal Fuel
    Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled in 1 tbsp coconut oil
    2 Jimmy dean sausage patties

Lunch: Big salad with cranberries, walnuts, and olive oil dressing
    or 2 baked chicken thighs.

Dinner: Big salad with cranberries, walnuts, and olive oil dressing
    or some meat and veggies like squash or broccoli.

Any suggestions???

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    The sasuage patties are kind of junk meat.... i'd get some uncured bacon or sausage... 2 chicken thighs is like nothing... try eating a whole chicken

What would be the best Meat for breakfast??

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat uncured bacon in the morning, or leftover meat from dinner the night before. If you really like sausages, find some that are more natural, and ideally don't contain any wheat or sugar. Or add the appropriate seasonings to ground pork/beef/poultry to make your own! You could pre-form them and freeze a bunch if you like the convenience.

If it were me, I'd add some meat to that salad every time (it sounds like sometimes you eat meat at lunch and sometimes you don't, right?) to make sure you're getting enough protein and make it easier to get plenty of fat. Are you using fresh cranberries, or dried? If dried, most kinds have added sugar, so it's up to you if you're ok with that.

Overall it sounds pretty good!

Sounds good. I do buy the dried cranberries so I'll try just fresh cranberries. So will the bacon say uncured? Any bacon brands you suggest?

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    What are your goals right now? I'd make the cranberries and nuts a once in a while kind of thing if you're looking to lose weight. Nuts are very caloricly dense and they add up pretty quick. I had to de-nut my fridge.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I buy a store brand uncured bacon (Wegmans) but I know there are a few brands out there. (If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's, they have their own brand). Mine is not organic, it has some nitrates from celery juice, and it does have a small amount of sugar (they call it "cane juice" or whatever on the package) but it's a compromise of price+convenience vs health. You could probably get better stuff from a local organic pork supplier, maybe at a farmer's market. It's somewhat controversial whether the nitrates in traditional bacon (from the things used to "cure" it) are REALLY bad for you or not. I read that the more you heat them, the more the nitrates turn into something-or-other that's unhealthy (scientific, huh? lol), so I buy uncured because I like my bacon very crispy.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Jimmy Dean has a lot of additives/preservatives and im sure its not hormone free!!! Whole Foods has good pork breakfast sausage you can buy by the lb. I would suggest eating more meat for breakfast in general. Those 2 chicken thighs would be great in the morning instead of dinky portions of sausage. I would also suggest trying to break the habit of assigning certain foods certain times (like only bacon and sausage for breakfast) Realize that this eating style is a lot easier if you have an anything-goes attitude as far as meals. I often have steak and veggies for breakfast. Or even a huge piece of fish! Most importantly, id say throw that jimmy dean in the trash!
    Last edited by lmyers04; 05-24-2010 at 09:43 AM.

My goal is to lose 20 more lbs. I have lost 40, so if needed I will de-nut and take out the cranberries. Do you think snacking on dried bananas is hurting me too?

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Bananas pretty carby, I'd lose those too. Plus, I would say that snacking in general is not the best idea. Oh and my favorite thing to recommend is trying IFing. I do all of my eating in the evenings in one or two meals. I started doing the IF thing for getting all the way down to the BF that I want to be at. My plan was to shift then into a maintenance mode where I would go back to having breakfast and lunch sometimes. Now, I'm starting to think that I might just continue on with what's been working for me as long as I don't end up depleting my energy stores and I've not seen any signs of that happening at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast