Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My fast food obsessed boss page 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Watch 'Fathead' in preparation. He went on a 30-day fast food diet. Mostly low-carb, but that's what led him to Paleo. It might make your 8 days seem not so bad. Good luck.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    You may just have to do the best with what you have in the situation.

Choose the "healthier" options, salads and whatnot. If your boss gets offended because you're trying to improve your health, that's her problem.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Chicken anything at Mcdonald's is the worst choice you can make. Mcdonald's actually used to be a lot better before they caved into public demand for soybean/vegetable oil as a cooking ingredient. Before that, I believe they used coconut oil or tallow. I used to frequent there as a teenager, and it was a lot better. I stopped eating there when I started getting bad headaches, probably coinciding with the cooking oil change.

Make sure to drink a coke(caramel color, phosphoric acid) to displace the arsenic you're likely to ingest there.
    It was I believe 93% beef tallow + 7% hydrogenated cottonseed oil. Not exactly perfect, but much better. Their burgers are 100% beef, no fillers or additives other than salt and pepper, and there are no added oils. Technically you can order burgers and remove the buns and be completely compliant. It is actually a blend of CAFO and imported grassfed beef, as well. A very small quantity is grassfed, but still....not all that bad!

And yes, the dry salad with bunless burgers is a solid suggestion.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Watch 'Fathead' in preparation. He went on a 30-day fast food diet. Mostly low-carb, but that's what led him to Paleo. It might make your 8 days seem not so bad. Good luck.
    It wasn't low carb at all, it was meticulous calorie tracking. He did low carb at the very end, which was really just grain and fast food elimination.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'd bring foods for lunch like others suggested, canned fish, jerky, fruit, almond butter. Maybe get a coffee at the golden arches, I don't think you could pay me enough to eat there. I hope you are being well compensated for all the hassle.

Most hotels have mini fridges they can bring into the room. My son uses meds that have to be refrigerated and at the larger hotels they will bring one in for you free of charge, just tell them it's medically necessary.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm all for blaming a doctor. If she wants more details, offer them- of your gastrointestional distress

At least for the beginning of the trip, you could bring boiled eggs, sturdy veggies (beets are quite good raw and cut into sticks), summer sausages, jerky, hard cheeses. None of that needs to be refrigerated- though toting it in a cooler wouldn't hurt.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

ayumi is offline Member
    Does your boss like Chipotle? It's a good alternative. If you're in the Midwest Culver's has great burgers. ("Butterburgers" just leave the bun out. )

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksagle View Post
    Its possible, except that I happen to know she planned our route to the conference on a certain highway specifically so that we would go by a Mcdonalds. Ew.
    You people demonize McD's too much! They have some decent options. I'm celiac and it's one of the few fast food places that doesn't make me sick because their staff are better trained than most fast food employees in cross contamination.

Order a burger without a bun and a salad. If you want more carbs then get some fries. A couple servings of fries made in canola won't kill you. They also offer fruit cups.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notlupus View Post
    You people demonize McD's too much! They have some decent options. I'm celiac and it's one of the few fast food places that doesn't make me sick because their staff are better trained than most fast food employees in cross contamination.

Order a burger without a bun and a salad. If you want more carbs then get some fries. A couple servings of fries made in canola won't kill you. They also offer fruit cups.
    I'm celiac as well - they refuse to provide a gluten-free menu, and I don't trust the workers to know what is and what isn't safe for me. Then again, in the area I live in, they're always short-staffed and training new people because of the business climate out here.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They have ingredient lists online, and I've been there enough to know what I want. I stick with bunless burgers, salads, and fries and haven't had a problem. The SO has a bigger problem getting one without cheese than I do without a bun. I live in an area full of highly educated people (3 major universities, lots more small ones, and tons of pharma and research companies), so gluten free is fairly common here. I'm sure that helps some, although I've heard some comments from biologists that show a clear lack of understanding of the digestive process.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast