Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint The Movie: Mixed Feelings page

PeaceCorpsCaveMan is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint The Movie: Mixed Feelings

Primal Fuel
    I have seen the trailer for Primal Blueprint The Movie. Every time Mark rolls something like this out, I tend to cringe. Not unlike the 21 Day Total Body Transformation, which looks like it belongs on a shelf at the check out line of your local K-Mart, I find it to be a big sellout move.

The other issue is that when I look at the food system, I don't want "Primal" or "Paleo" to get too popular or well-known. I want government control and regulation of all parts of the food system reduced, which would be aided by more public information. However, I would like to keep this lifestyle a well-kept secret and out of popular-culture. Does anyone else share the same sentiments?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I find his books cringe-worthy. That is why I never bought them. I preferred the more calm and reasoned styles of Loren Cordain and Mike Eades (I found Robb Wolf to be a little cringe-worthy, too.) The super optimistic, breathless, "salesman"-like, diet book style of writing is not my thing. But thousands of people LOVE Mark's style so who am I to argue with something he wants to do.

I do think he should make his cavemen look less like the car insurance commercial cavemen.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I agree - there is not enough good food to go around. When the farms I get stuff from start having waiting lists.. these good people are going to start looking at their sustainable farms as money making ventures instead of valuable (to me) community services.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    I agree - there is not enough good food to go around. When the farms I get stuff from start having waiting lists.. these good people are going to start looking at their sustainable farms as money making ventures instead of valuable (to me) community services.
    Wait, you guys are against increased demand for sustainably farmed food? Do you have any idea how either markets or planets work?!?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From a different POV, if sustainable farms make a living for those who run them, more people will go into organic farming and raising healthy animals. IOW, often, if a business has a line around the block, someone will be smart enough to open another one nearby.

There's plenty of good food around. You might have to find a source that sells NZealand beef, but it's out there.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Wait, you guys are against increased demand for sustainably farmed food? Do you have any idea how either markets or planets work?!?
    Get your logic out of here dammit. We are hating things.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    LOL! I have to admit that I don't know how planets work, though I have a teeny inkling about markets.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    LOL! I have to admit that I don't know how planets work, though I have a teeny inkling about markets.
    Well, the planet I live on is kinda round and depends on topsoil to sustain life. Topsoil is destroyed by monocropping and can be built at an incredible rate by people like Joel Salatin utilizing perennial polyculture (Joel is growing topsoil on his farm in Virginia at the rate of an inch a year. We're talking about an effectively non-renewable resource that normally grows at a fraction of a fraction of that pace, like 1/16th of an inch every 50 years).

That's just one part of it. But wishing everyone else continue eating not like us will lead to basically complete destruction when the topsoil or the oil runs out. Bad news.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I was under the impression that more people would get into farming and selling if they could guarantee that people would buy from them, and not from cheaper, big chain supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Get your logic out of here dammit. We are hating things.
    Haha! I like you.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Haha! I like you.
    You had me at "Bill Hicks".
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast