Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark's been back tracking throughout the years. page 2

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd really like to hear from someone who's been a successful paleo / pb person for at least five years, to get their take on this.

8 months in I'm still eating a lot of meat, and have also started eating organs etc, but I can well imagine that 2 years hence I might not be eating quite so much meat - purely as I won't have the physiological need. I speculate here, but that's what I would predict for myself.

The only change happening to paleo / pb / ancestral health, is discussions on how to tailor the diet for different people at different stages.

I came to PB suffering form depresion and various other minor complaints, so a diet high in meat and saturated fats has massively helped me (for the brain function etc), plus I am acquiring a much more robust build due to the protein I am eating, which is also great. People coming to PB with metabolic syndrome, or type 2 diabetes, or anorexia, to name just three, would all have different requirements once they had passed the initial bedding in stage.
    Last edited by Owen; 06-26-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    ***Imagine*** someone's philosophy evolving and changing as they grow(but keeping the same fundamentals in place). To me, that's the sign of an intelligent person.

Exactly my point! Nothing is set in stone. Mark has even mentioned that he is working on a new book which will be strictly a vegetarian book, because he has noticed the mass rise of vegetarians wanting to be primal.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I'd really like to hear from someone who's been a successful paleo / pb person for at least five years, to get their take on this.

8 months in I'm still eating a lot of meat, and have also started eating organs etc, but I can well imagine that 2 years hence I might not be eating quite so much meat - purely as I won't have the physiological need. I speculate here, but that's what I would predict for myself.

The only change happening to paleo / pb / ancestral health, is discussions on how to tailor the diet for different people at different stages.

I came to PB suffering form depresion and various other minor complaints, so a diet high in meat and saturated fats has massively helped me (for the brain function etc), plus I am acquiring a much more robust build due to the protein I am eating, which is also great. People coming to PB with metabolic syndrome, or type 2 diabetes, or anorexia, to name just three, would all have different requirements once they had passed the initial bedding in stage.
    I'm going on a little over 2 years now, went from keto to low-carb to now moderate carb intake through more veggies and some potatoes and rice. Also switched to higher fish consumption for the most part. Take it FWIW.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Exactly my point! Nothing is set in stone. Mark has even mentioned that he is working on a new book which will be strictly a vegetarian book, because he has noticed the mass rise of vegetarians wanting to be primal.
    What a staggeringly dishonest response. Given the title that you gave this thread, your post was meant (as usual) as a judgement on those who eat meat.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Page one.... EAT MEAT. Page two ARE YOU EATING MEAT YET?. Page three DON'T BE SILLY. JUST EAT THE MEAT!........

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    What a staggeringly dishonest response. Given the title that you gave this thread, your post was meant (as usual) as a judgement on those who eat meat.
    What? That doesn't makes sense, anyways I do eat meat, and do primal stuff, at times. I also can be a vegetarian for a few weeks. It's called just eating healthy without putting a label on it.
    Last edited by Barefoot Gentile; 06-26-2013 at 01:37 PM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    What? That doesn't makes sense, anyways I do eat meat, and do primal stuff, at times. I also can be a vegetarian for a few weeks. It's called just eating healthy without putting a label on it.
    So what's exactly the point of starting this thread?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Mark has been doing this blog for quite a while now. He has aged. He says that. He's 60. I'm 75. Human bodies change with age. Nutrient needs change with age. Surely you do not think that my needs are the same as a 20 year old. And this is only one of the causes for change.

I do wish that more people would put their age on their profiles. It's a little unrealistic for people to comment when the OP could be from 13 to 75, M or F, over or under weight, active or sedentary, etc.
    Sometimes I think this community expect everyone to be the same age, or maybe the same as as the OP is.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Oh. You're back.
    Damiana doesn't say much, but when she does, it's usually right on. You're back. With the same old schtick. Blah blah, snore, snooze.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    Lord this guy always pops up when I come back to the forum...
    Maybe he's stalking you?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast