Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 9

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd like my thighs to stop chafing so much and I'd like to be able to cross my legs more easily, but that's about it. I like that my weight is in the lower half of my body. It means that I'm probably going to age like my grandmother instead of the women that end up with pot bellies and chicken legs.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The 9 Reasons Women Want a Thigh Gap article you posted a link to has a comparison of a normal Nicole Richie vs the anorexic version (our goal). Also, the site is selling an ebook on getting thigh gaps where the author/site owner talks about how women shouldn't get lower body exercise because it builds muscle and destroys thigh gap.
    My counterpoint to the nine reasons:
    "(If you have a thigh gap naturally, disregard my response. You needn't worry about having one if it's what your body shape is. This is just for people who have it as a weight-loss-goal.)

Why you shouldn't want a thigh gap:
    1.- You don't feel the need to wear impractical clothes to show off the hard (starve) earned hole between your legs.
    2.- Muscles are sexy. Volume is sexy. Lean, curvy thighs are more attractive than matchsticks.
    3.- Muscular legs are more useful. You can walk longer, lift heavier weights, sprint with ease...etc.
    4.- Men prefer curves. If you need to starve yourself to get a thigh gap, then you'll have no hips, tits or ass. Aka: the pre-pubescent-boy-look. Basic response to this article from my fiance? "Ew. (+confusion)"
    5.- If you lose too much weight, you're messing up your hormonal balance and putting your health at risk. A woman's happiness is in part based on her hormonal balance. If you're unbalanced, you'll feel unwell no matter how you look. If you suffer Body Dysmorphia, confidence issues or depression, you need help with that, not a thigh gap.
    6.- Women with thigh gaps still have wobbly fat on their legs. You can see it when they walk. It wobbles. If you want to get rid of this and think a thigh-gap is your goal: think again. Unless you grow muscles and drop your body-fat low, you won't lose the wobble. Either learn to love it, or get muscular. Either way, thigh gap isn't the answer.
    7.- If you're of the clothing-inclined: curvy women can wear ANYTHING. Swimsuit? Filled and curvy. Dresses? Anything that shows cleavage, hips, waist...etc Loose t-shirt? Hangs off your breasts, giving a hint of your sexiness without wearing anything revealing. Mini-skirts? Show off hips. Jeans? What's sexier than a pair of well-fitting jeans on a healthy backside? Strapless tops? Sexy shoulder-neck-bust action. Curvy women can wear anything. If you're too thin, you can't show off your hips, breasts or backside. Because you don't have them.
    8.- You can keep a healthy relationship with food. If you don't have a thigh-gap at your natural weight, you'll need to become underweight to get one. And staying underweight isn't only unhealthy: it's hard. Starving yourself like that is a ticket to an eating disorder. Most people never recover from eating disorders.
    9.- If other people judge you based on your lack of a thigh gap, they're petty retards who need to get their priorities straight. You don't need to listen to the brain-dead.

You choose, though. Skinny-jeans and tucking your over-leg behind your under-leg when you cross your legs or a healthy body-fat-%, strong limbs, sexy curves and general good health and confidence."
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Lean, curvy thighs are more attractive than matchsticks.
    Only refutation needed.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    So 2011.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    mmmmm... thank you. I bet he can't get into his skinny jeans either, which is fine.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    P.S. I'd take pictures of MY legs if I thought I knew how.
    Camera phone, mirror. Points if topless with nice abs. Assume you are a guy.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    4.- Men prefer curves. If you need to starve yourself to get a thigh gap, then you'll have no hips, tits or ass. Aka: the pre-pubescent-boy-look. Basic response to this article from my fiance? "Ew. (+confusion)"
    hahaha!

I can't imagine being like, "My wife saw a picture of a big dick and was like, 'ew! That's gross!" LOL@girls
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hold the phone. You're supposed to be skinny to wear skinny jeans? Been breaking that rule for a while now. Straight leg jeans fit me like skinnies and I like the way I look in 'em. Fuck you, society, I wear what I want.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Fuck you, society, I wear what I want.
    Which is why I am currently wearing a pencil skirt and a straight jacket. Take that society!!!1

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Which is why I am currently wearing a pencil skirt and a straight jacket. Take that society!!!1
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast