Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 5

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I'm sorry, what is sad about the crossfit tumblr?
    ?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Well I sure can't do that. This is supposed to be sad because she's skinny? Because she has on tiny shorts?

As far as "fitspiration" goes that blog was the least disappointing I've seen yet. "Strong is the new skinny" is a worthless phrase usually, but at least the photos are of actual women (most of them crazy jacked), performing feats of strength, without any inane "inspirational" words imposed in the foreground, and no close ups of shorts riding up their asses.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    Well I sure can't do that. This is supposed to be sad because she's skinny? Because she has on tiny shorts?

As far as "fitspiration" goes that blog was the least disappointing I've seen yet. "Strong is the new skinny" is a worthless phrase usually, but at least the photos are of actual women (most of them crazy jacked), performing feats of strength, without any inane "inspirational" words imposed in the foreground, and no close ups of shorts riding up their asses.
    Re-read my original comment, then look at the pic again. .. :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Re-read my original comment, then look at the pic again. .. :-)
    Oh right so you were just talking about the speedo-clad dude (sorry man)

But why are the other people sad?

Is everyone referring to the speedo guy? (my apologies for getting ruffled )

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What I find sad about the entire pinterest blog, not that single post, is that it purports to be a blog of fit women (the title is "fitness"), showing that women of crossfit come in all shapes and sizes. Even Lazarus says there is no "thigh gap" there, while in fact the majority of women depicted are a size zero and none seem larger than a size 4. There is loads of thigh gap in the photos. I am not normally affected by looking at pictures of typical skinny fashion models, but jeez. That blog is a photoessay telling me that I can't be fit because I'm not built like a ballerina and I never will be.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had a variation of 3 diamond thighs, years ago. I was in middle school. I was also considered "clinically underweight." My metabolism was so fucking high that I couldn't eat enough to put on weight. I never want to be there again.
    As of now, I have visible collarbones, sharp pointy elbows, and you can count my ribs when I stretch. Am I anorexic? *Snrk* Nope. If you thought so, you've never shared a meal with me. Am I underweight? Nope. Am I an ED dream? Hardly. I am a woman. I have hips, ass, boobs, thighs and a waist. I can deadlift my own weight, OHP half of it, and squat 75% of it. I've been a flabby toothpick who couldn't gain weight. I'm working on being able to save my own ass or my husband's, if in danger.
    TL; DR: overly skinny isn't fun and I worked hard to lose my 3 diamond status. Why anyone would want that confuses me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    TL; DR: overly skinny isn't fun...Why anyone would want that confuses me.
    Plus, who wants to get poked in the eye with a hipbone during sexy times?

I think the original photo in question should say "do you want hipbones or to menstruate." Might be less convincing.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh goody, more super high physical expectations to live up to. Not only do we have to be thin, but we have to be capable of completely changing our body as if it were a fashion ensemble you can just change into. Being a woman is never enough.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Plus, who wants to get poked in the eye with a hipbone during sexy times?
    My boyfriend said much the same thing around the time we met, when I weighed about 215. He even thought I could stand to gain some weight. What he said was "bone on bone".

The weight loss has been gradual enough that he is surprised to see how bloated I used to look in those old photos. And he no longer tries to feed me ice cream and cheese to fatten me up.

Last edited by eKatherine; 06-27-2013 at 06:34 AM.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I just want to know if she's doing that right? I've never done this kind of lifting, although I'm thinking of starting, but it looks like in the next second her arms are gonna twist off at the shoulders? Yikes!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast