Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    But could you see her damn collarbones?
    No doubt.

Quite a few years back I read an article in Cosmopolitan interviewing lifetime bachelors about their attitudes toward dating, women, etc. Several mentioned that their ideal woman, in fact the only type of woman who would be good enough for them, would have to have the "three diamond" look to her legs: when her feet and knees were together, she should have 3 gaps showing daylight.

And even if this perfect woman could be found, she would still have to be able to guarantee him that she would never put on weight.

My ex-husband thought that the correct weight for a 5'4" woman was 100 pounds. At the time I was less than 130 and, in his opinion, morbidly obese. Whatever.

Incindiary is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

Several mentioned that their ideal woman, in fact the only type of woman who would be good enough for them, would have to have the "three diamond" look to her legs: when her feet and knees were together, she should have 3 gaps showing daylight.
    Where are the gaps supposed to be? I can see thigh and shins, but? Not that I give three squirts about my own legs, just curious.

Also, you can see my collar bone, even my breast bone, and my hips bones, but my ass is fat. Can I still have ice cream?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindiary View Post
    Where are the gaps supposed to be? I can see thigh and shins, but? Not that I give three squirts about my own legs, just curious.
    I vaguely recall they were above the ankles, above the calves, and between the thighs.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I don't think so. It's motivational stuff to help people not eat cake and junk. My objection is that the positive motivation is to look like a gross scarecrow.
    I wouldn't be the slightest bit motivated by something that was that hard line and it's sad that a lot of people would look at those photos and figure a diet of lettuce and air is what it takes to have visible hip or collarbones. I don't think the odd bit of cake and junk is the difference between thinness and obesity.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Oh good something new to obsess about! Honestly before I started reading this forum I was blissfully ignorant. I thought the current weight I'm at now, was alright, I've since learned 10lbs less would get me in the "look good naked category", I thought wearing a size 8 was okay, then I learned I should strive for a size 4. Now I'm pretty sure I'm a freak because my legs don't touch at all, short of surgery I don't think they ever will.

How do we go from judging the minutiae of our unique shapes to loving them? I think for myself I may have to limit my reading here.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindiary View Post
    Also, you can see my collar bone, even my breast bone, and my hips bones, but my ass is fat. Can I still have ice cream?

Yes, ice cream is always the right call.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    have to have the "three diamond" look to her legs: when her feet and knees were together, she should have 3 gaps showing daylight.
    I am the ideal woman. And I'm a man.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I can see half my collar bones. I guess I'm half-way acceptable.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I am the ideal woman. And I'm a man.
    "How do you write such wonderful women?"
    "I start with a man and remove all reason . . . "
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I vaguely recall they were above the ankles, above the calves, and between the thighs.
    But it's supposed to be a triangle/diamond of space between the top of your thighs and your hoo hoo, not between your this all the way from hoo hoo to knobbly knees :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast