Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 22

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bah humbug on shutting women down after a certain age. What a crock. I've noticed for the last ten years that more than a few younger men (i.e., under 40) have some interest in women of a certain age, and it's just not for sex. Some are interested because we aren't a hassle, we don't want babies, we know who we are, etc. Sad to say, I'm not much interested in men under 40 except maybe for the weekend.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

JennHeart is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Thigh gap ≠ anorexia. Stop the nonsense.

And ~~~bracing myself~~~I am in complete agreement with Mr.Perfidy.
    I was just reading an article about "thigh gap". Don't judge, I was in the waiting room at the Dr. office and that was all there was. The Pinterest pages dedicated to "thigh gap" and the websites and the magazines that promote it are (often) promoting unhealthy eating habits. The pressure is put on "looking good" and having these specific features like a gap between your thighs while standing with your feet together, at all costs, including costs to your health.

Most people in this forum seem to care less about the specific shape of their body and more about the health and wellbeing of their body. That's sort of what primal is about, right? Living like your genes expect you to live and therefore being in optimal health for your body. Sure, having collarbones is great, but I'd rather be able to do pullups.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennHeart View Post
    Sure, having collarbones is great, but I'd rather be able to do pullups.
    I freakin' LOVE this quote!
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122