Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 21

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Does this mean then that I could make my lifes work measuring, oh I don't know, certain 'bits' of a mans body and determining vitality, cancer or virility?! Whatta job that would be! Would that be satisfying? I don't know

Reminds me of a pic I saw in Life magazine as a kid, that showed a row of shirtless men holding up one arm and a row of matronly women taking a sniff. Apparently it was a test process for a deodorant. My stepdad made a point of noting how the women chosen for the job were non-sexual, almost asexual in appearance.
    Older women are supposed to be asexual in our society. There's a lot of pressure for older women not to appear to be trying to be sexy.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Older women are supposed to be asexual in our society. There's a lot of pressure for older women not to appear to be trying to be sexy.
    Bingo. Close down the farm, shutter the barn doors, not-open-for-business. Bullshit.

However, if I recall, his observation was that they choose these women whose appearance wouldn't sexualize the process of them testing the deodorant. So as to not offend the sensibilities of the men.

Or as I choose to think, the only reason he noticed this was because my step parent was an Ass.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    When an older woman is sexy it's pretty hot though. I have a friend who is close to 70 and she dresses in mini-skirts and thigh-high boots with orange chiffon lipstick and the whole deal. Like she's some sexy lady in the 1960s about to go on the Dating Game. She's really hot and pulls it off brilliantly.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Bingo. Close down the farm, shutter the barn doors, not-open-for-business. Bullshit.
    Ah the irony, now that I'm old enough to really ask for what I want and enjoy it more than ever...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There's a lot of pressure...
    From who? Fuck them, right? Do what you want. If "society" has a problem with it then that is their problem, not yours.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    So they put this 77-year old guy on the cover of ESPN magazine and it appeared from what little I was able to read of the captions on the tv screens in the gym today that it caused quite a fuss. He's not exactly ripped although I think he looks amazing for a 77-year old. I'm not sure but it seemed they were making remarks that were like back-handed compliments but I can't be certain of that since I was reading only sporadically.

It affects men, too, I guess.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    LOL there are billions of people for whom vanity as a concern at 77 is incomprehensible.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I now feel bad for being attracted to thigh gaps.

M.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    well well well -- 77 y.o. and naked as a jaybird.

Y! SPORTS

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I admit that I thought the original post was an overreaction when this thread first started--as someone who's been heavy all my life, I'd be thrilled if my thighs didn't touch, and might even feel compelled to take a picture of it.

But I didn't realize that "thigh gap" was a thing until about Page 3. There's obsessing over a body part, which is creepy enough, and then there's obsessing over ... the spaces between body parts? Wow ...

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast