Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Is this what we've come to? page 20

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Look, standing bent over, panties off in front of a guy...... the thigh gap is really not going to impact the thought going thru his mind in a significant manner.
    If I see a thigh gap, I'm checking her ID... I associate that look with gangly adolescents that haven't finished puberty yet.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    I associate that look with gangly adolescents that haven't finished puberty yet.
    As a 47 year old lady I thank you for that...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I think it's anatomically impossible for me to get a thigh gap! Even at my thinnest I had big thighs... Hell I have a memory from when I was 5 or 6 of my friend telling me that her mum said I had funny legs cause they were big at the top and skinny at the bottom!

Anyway it's nice to know some men prefer big thighs! I grew up terribly embarrassed by my legs because I was sure they were abnormal.
    What?! Thighs are supposed to be bigger than calves! (And knees are not supposed to be the thickest part of your leg *shudder*)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Well I mean it's a big difference very skinny ankles and big thighs!! Not that they're supposed to be the same, more that my thighs are just so darn big compared to my scrawny ankles!! And I guess big thighs are less common in little kids? My daughter never had obviously large thighs at 5/6...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    What?! Thighs are supposed to be bigger than calves! (And knees are not supposed to be the thickest part of your leg *shudder*)
    This. Prepubescent-looking women aren't hot. [/thread]

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    I find people are uncomfortable around me when I'm in "confident mode". If I feel good about myself, others in the street often look to the ground instead of meeting my eyes, males check me out, speak awkwardly and/or try and appear more "masculine" and I feel I'm a combination of avoided and admired. When I'm feeling a little insecure, quiet or in pain, people react like I see them react to anyone else.
    I know I have body dysmorphia. I know what I see in the mirror is not what others see and that my idea of what my body looks like changes every day. So I don't worry much about what I look like and what others think I look like. When they see me with my head up, meet my eyes and immediately look at the pavement, continually scan my body as though judging, yet not seeming to find flaw, when men watch my hips, breasts, ass and legs regardless of how much or how little I'm wearing and kids and dogs still like me and find me approachable, I find it safe to assume I'm looking awesome. And yet it has more to do with how I carry myself than what my body itself actually LOOKS like.

People can tell confidence from a mile away. And confidence causes more desire, envy and social anxiety than anyone's image of attractiveness does. You can dismiss skinniness, curviness, muscularity, pretty faces, nice hips... You can even turn them into something to mock (scrawny, tubby, hunky, dolled-up, fat ass...). You can't dismiss confidence. Annoyingly, the catch is that, to become confident, you have to dismiss your personal idea of attractiveness and dismiss any concerns about social judgement. Which few people can easily do.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Confidence is sexy, so is happiness, and looking healthy. Besides happy people are so much more fun to be around than angry hungry people.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    This made me all paranoid so I had to go measure that my thighs are indeed larger than my calves. I am happy to report that I am not a Prepubescent-looking woman. Whew!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    So would it be too creepy to make canio6's version of thigh gap a valid health marker? I'm considering a new line of work in statistical analysis of correlation between thigh gap and oh about a million things (fertility, vitality, diabetes, cancer....this could be my lifes work!!!)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    So would it be too creepy to make canio6's version of thigh gap a valid health marker? I'm considering a new line of work in statistical analysis of correlation between thigh gap and oh about a million things (fertility, vitality, diabetes, cancer....this could be my lifes work!!!)
    If nothing else I think there would be a definite correlation between thigh gaps and your job satisfaction.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Does this mean then that I could make my lifes work measuring, oh I don't know, certain 'bits' of a mans body and determining vitality, cancer or virility?! Whatta job that would be! Would that be satisfying? I don't know

Reminds me of a pic I saw in Life magazine as a kid, that showed a row of shirtless men holding up one arm and a row of matronly women taking a sniff. Apparently it was a test process for a deodorant. My stepdad made a point of noting how the women chosen for the job were non-sexual, almost asexual in appearance.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast