Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am I always HUNGRY! page

Raddogs is offline Junior Member

Why am I always HUNGRY!

Hey everyone, I have been doing Primal for about 3 1/2 weeks now. Of course I am still learning and have a few slip ups every now and then but there is one things that keeps bugging the heck out of me. I am always stinking hungry. Im female, 24 and around 125lbs and active with no existing medical conditions. I am getting enough protein because I bumped that up to gain muscle for Roller Derby (yay). I was 121 two weeks ago and managed 125 this week.

Hear is how it goes, I eat a meals say at 12pm, I could eat again at 1pm. If i go more than 4 hours without eating I start to feel pain and I go into a bad mood.

Since starting primal my energy has deteriorated. Why would that happen? What do I need in my diet? I will answer questions in a timely matter if you guys need more info.

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    Fat is probably the missing item in your diet.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Up the fat/carbs.

It could just be that you're used to eating at these times? It's hard to know the cause without knowing all of the specifics of the situation.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Going from a diet that has a lot of carbs in it to not having much carbs can really cause your energy to drain. But you are a newbie to this whole lifestyle and it will take some time for your body to adapt. Don't give up. You may have also cut out too many carbohydrates. You can eat sweet potatoes and winter squash, they're great fuel sources! Also definitely be sure to get enough fat!

Raddogs is offline Junior Member
    So I gotta boost the fat and carbs, ok I will try that. I will know soon enough for you guys. Thanks for the tid bits.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I had the same issue when I first started primal. Keep at it. It is only temporary.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddogs View Post
    Since starting primal my energy has deteriorated. Why would that happen? What do I need in my diet? I will answer questions in a timely matter if you guys need more info.
    Well... what are you eating? Can't try to help see what's missing if we don't know what's in it, and in what amounts.

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Do a carb refill. I was down for a few days, had an all you can eat sushi and ate 40 pcs ... and got my energy back. I could have eaten more but my friend stopped me.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You probably need to eat more. You are very light with a very active lifestyle. So, gotta feed the machine.

Meat and veges, eggs, fruit, nuts, dairy. Go for it.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are in good health it is really difficult to over eat fat... if you over eat carbs your body will store it , if you over eat fat your body will burn it.... simple as that.

anyone who says differently is in first grade and needs to stay in school.. the science confirms the above.

eat carbfree fats in abundance... watch as you begin to feel that eating is a real pain in the ass as you are totally full from last meal
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast