Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why am I always HUNGRY!

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    If you are in good health it is really difficult to over eat fat... if you over eat carbs your body will store it , if you over eat fat your body will burn it.... simple as that.
    Assuming you mean eating over maintenance caloric intake when you say "over eat", this is simply incorrect.

When you overeat calories, and the calories come from fat, they are directly stored as fat. Ignoring this would mean ignoring basic physiology. When the over eaten calories come from carbohydrates, this increases carb oxidation, causing a decrease in fat oxidation, which means more of your daily fat intake is stored as fat.

It takes a crazy, almost inhuman amount of carbohydrates to induce de novo lipogenesis, in which the carbs will be directly stored as fat.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

If you are in good health it is really difficult to over eat fat... if you over eat carbs your body will store it , if you over eat fat your body will burn it.... simple as that.

anyone who says differently is in first grade and needs to stay in school.. the science confirms the above.

eat carbfree fats in abundance... watch as you begin to feel that eating is a real pain in the ass as you are totally full from last meal
    Wait... So you're saying that I can overeat as much fat as I want and I won't gain weight as long as I don't eat carbs and anyone who says otherwise is ignorant to the science?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Same thing happened to me...cutting out the carbs and sticking to low fat leaves you with nothing to burn for energy...I added in bacon with breakfast, avocados, coconut oil, and fattier cuts of meat...like magic, I wasn't hungry any more between meals and gained no weight! Good luck

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

The primary sources of fatty acids for oxidation are dietary and mobilization from cellular stores. Fatty acids from the diet are absorbed from the gut, packaged into lipoprotein particles called chylomicrons within intestinal enterocytes and then delivered to cells of the body via transport in the blood. Fatty acids are stored in the form of triacylglycerols (triacylglycerides: TAGs or TGs) within all cell but predominantly within adipose tissue. In response to energy demands, the fatty acids of stored TGs can be mobilized for use by peripheral tissues. The release of metabolic energy, in the form of fatty acids, is controlled by a complex series of interrelated cascades that result in the activation of triglyceride hydrolysis.

Lipolysis, Fat Mobilization, Fatty Acid (beta, alpha, omega) Oxidation, Ketogenesis

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Fat + Glucose does = storage.... Fat alone does not.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Can't the same be said for carbs? It takes a lot of carbs for them to be eventually stored as fat in the absence of dietary fat. So it depends which side of the spectrum you want to choose, but both can have similar results.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Shop Now
    Metabolic response of Acylation Stimulating Protein to an oral fat load.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog: