Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had these symtoms and did they go away? page

fitnessghurl is offline Junior Member

Has anyone had these symtoms and did they go away?

I'm new. Hi.

I should preface this post with:
    a few years ago I had extreme pain in my fingers/hands so bad I couldn't brush my teeth or could barely drive my car. I was tested for lupus and celiac disease and the tests were normal. X-rays were done and it showed minor swelling in one finger, in one joint. My thyroid is normal as well. Every test that was done came back normal. Ultimately after a blood test my GP said it showed some minor inflammation but it wasn't known what it was or where it was coming from. I was put on a medication that worked but you could lose your eye sight. I stopped taking it. The pain seemed to go away on it own.

Present day:
    Recently (the last few months) I have been experiencing "random" pains in my body. What I mean by that is one day there will be a pain in one of my knees but the next day it's gone or it's "moved" to the other knee. I have been finding I often get pain in my heels (new) and the pain comes and goes in other areas of my body. Today the pain is in some of my left fingers, left upper side thigh and in the bottoms of both feet. Tomorrow all of that could be gone and I could be pain free or have pain elsewhere. I also have acid reflux and depression (currently on 2 anti depressants).

Am I crazy?! I'm sure my body is yelling something at me....I just don't know what yet

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    What medicine were you put on? Are you still taking it?

What isa normal day's food? What is your age and weight?
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I can't remember the name of medication....and no I'm not taking it anymore.

As for food...I'm not primal or paleo .... yet....diet would be what you call the "typical American diet". I'm 40, 5'4 and around 168...(my heaviest weight to date)

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    What tests were done? What were the actual results? And please include reference ranges for each test. I ask because "normal" may not be optimal for health/wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    What tests were done? What were the actual results? And please include reference ranges for each test. I ask because "normal" may not be optimal for health/wellbeing.
    I have no idea what the ranges were. I went to a rheumatologist...he said they were normal. As for what tests were done...I don't know...I gave blood, had xrays...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I would make a follow-up appointment with a rheumatologist. What you are describing is called "migratory arthritis". It can be found in quite a few autoimmune conditions and/or infections.

Keep in mind, it takes something along the line of 10 years for the average person to get a diagnosis of an autoimmune condition. So you have to be very persistent.

The medication sounds like it was probably hydroxychloroquinine, which works to slow down overstimulation of your immune system. It does have a risk of vision issues, but it is extrememly rare at the doses used to treat autoimmune disease.

You could also look in to food sensitivities. Primal and low lectin primal dramatically improved my inflammation.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    25% of people with full-on Celiac get a 0 on the best blood test for Celiac. Lupus takes an average of 10 years to diagnose. So even perfectly normal blood tests are eh. Also, I don't really believe in the boxes for diseases. They are nice for ICD-9 codes but I will be stunned if say, fibromyalgia turns out to be 1 condition.

Anyway, I have autoimmune junk. You have inflammation if nothing else, so we have something in common. Autoimmune junk gets worse in the spring and early summer when inflammation is highest so if you have autoimmune junk it should be at its worst right about now. You don't have to commit to getting off wheat and dairy and legumes and nightshade, but try it for 60 days. For some people it is a miracle.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessghurl View Post
    I have no idea what the ranges were. I went to a rheumatologist...he said they were normal. As for what tests were done...I don't know...I gave blood, had xrays...
    If in the US, you can call your doctor and get a copy of all test results. This is something everyone should do when they have tests done.

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I would make a follow-up appointment with a rheumatologist. What you are describing is called "migratory arthritis". It can be found in quite a few autoimmune conditions and/or infections.

Keep in mind, it takes something along the line of 10 years for the average person to get a diagnosis of an autoimmune condition. So you have to be very persistent.

The medication sounds like it was probably hydroxychloroquinine, which works to slow down overstimulation of your immune system. It does have a risk of vision issues, but it is extrememly rare at the doses used to treat autoimmune disease.

You could also look in to food sensitivities. Primal and low lectin primal dramatically improved my inflammation.
    If I really wanted to know what the medication was I could ask the pharemacist for a print out. I hope I don't sound too ignorant, but what is low lectin?

Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    25% of people with full-on Celiac get a 0 on the best blood test for Celiac. Lupus takes an average of 10 years to diagnose. So even perfectly normal blood tests are eh. Also, I don't really believe in the boxes for diseases. They are nice for ICD-9 codes but I will be stunned if say, fibromyalgia turns out to be 1 condition.

Anyway, I have autoimmune junk. You have inflammation if nothing else, so we have something in common. Autoimmune junk gets worse in the spring and early summer when inflammation is highest so if you have autoimmune junk it should be at its worst right about now. You don't have to commit to getting off wheat and dairy and legumes and nightshade, but try it for 60 days. For some people it is a miracle.
    Ugh...fibromyalgia....I hope not!!! I will definitely agree that I have inflammation stuff happening. I have never paid attention to the seasons and if the pain is worse or better...but good to know. So your suggestion would be to try for 60 days no dairy, wheat (is that all grains?), legumes and nightshades? Did you try this?

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    If in the US, you can call your doctor and get a copy of all test results. This is something everyone should do when they have tests done.
    I'm in Canada and it's very easy to get a copy of my tests/records etc but at the time (a few years ago) I didn't ask for a copy because I wouldn't have understood what they meant. It's something I will keep in mind in the future though.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you had any kind of infection recently?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast