Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had these symtoms and did they go away? page 2

fitnessghurl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Have you had any kind of infection recently?
    No. Not that I can remember. I was taking antibiotics several months ago for a sinus infection ....?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    So your suggestion would be to try for 60 days no dairy, wheat (is that all grains?), legumes and nightshades? Did you try this?
    Hi! I did, and it cured my joint pain. I had to walk with a cane sometimes, and after only a few weeks of auto-immune food elimination, I was running and jumping and telling everybody, not that they wanted to hear it. If you survive cancer, you're a hero. If you cure your arthritis, you're a quack. Go figure.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessghurl View Post
    Ugh...fibromyalgia....I hope not!!! I will definitely agree that I have inflammation stuff happening. I have never paid attention to the seasons and if the pain is worse or better...but good to know. So your suggestion would be to try for 60 days no dairy, wheat (is that all grains?), legumes and nightshades? Did you try this?
    I'm not suggesting you have that, I'm just saying that the boxes aren't that interesting.

So yes, I have avoided these foods for some time. Is it working? It is hard to say. I have autoimmune illnesses, some of which are very scary. And yet I have what I call the "baby" version of every one. My life expectancy at this point for those illnesses is normal; I don't even have to take medication. Is it because I was going to have the baby version no matter what, or do I get the baby version because of my food? I won't be testing it by going back on wheat, that's for sure... I am very happy to be not dead.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Hi! I did, and it cured my joint pain. I had to walk with a cane sometimes, and after only a few weeks of auto-immune food elimination, I was running and jumping and telling everybody, not that they wanted to hear it. If you survive cancer, you're a hero. If you cure your arthritis, you're a quack. Go figure.
    LOL isn't it so true though!!! I haven't gotten to the point of a cane but i've been hobbling around my condo tonight not able to put my left foot down fully because of the pain in the bottom of my heel. Nightshades...does that include sweet potatoes/yams? If I understand the list properly those a red peppers are the only nightshades I like and I can cut them out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    I'm not suggesting you have that, I'm just saying that the boxes aren't that interesting.

So yes, I have avoided these foods for some time. Is it working? It is hard to say. I have autoimmune illnesses, some of which are very scary. And yet I have what I call the "baby" version of every one. My life expectancy at this point for those illnesses is normal; I don't even have to take medication. Is it because I was going to have the baby version no matter what, or do I get the baby version because of my food? I won't be testing it by going back on wheat, that's for sure... I am very happy to be not dead.
    Oh, I know you aren't suggesting I have fibromyalgia, it's just a scary thought considering I was always classified as "perfectly healthy".
    I am very happy you are not dead either! I have to admit I have been stubborn to make the switch (cutting out wheat, dairy etc) but I don't want something drastic to happen to make me wake up!

Shieldmaid is offline Junior Member
    Are you hyper mobile, or do you have joints that hyperextend in any way?
    Living ancestrally with physical disabilities - Shieldmaid.com

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessghurl View Post
    LOL isn't it so true though!!! I haven't gotten to the point of a cane but i've been hobbling around my condo tonight not able to put my left foot down fully because of the pain in the bottom of my heel. Nightshades...does that include sweet potatoes/yams? If I understand the list properly those a red peppers are the only nightshades I like and I can cut them out easily.
    Nightshades don't include sweet potatoes/yams, but they do include normal potatoes, eggplants, and tobacco (as well as the more obvious tomatoes, peppers, tomatillos, etc).

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I had arthritis-like pain that went away, too. I had pain from bone spurs in my right foot and ankle, which rarely bother me much now (but do occasionally result in spontaneous bruising). I also had joint inflammation and swelling that seemed to settle into one joint for a few months before moving to another. Once it was was in my right foot, and I had to be careful stepping when I stood up so as not to fall. Another time it was in a finger, etc. I also had pain from generalized inflammation and swelling of my feet.

It's all gone except for limitations caused by still having the bone spurs. It makes me wonder if the inflammation I had all those years may have caused the bone spurs.

I never gave up nightshades, just gluten.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Ask to have your Uric acid levels tested. Gout can travel to different joints and it can also wax and wane. Its easy to rule out, just need to give some blood.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Are you very bendy? Hypermobility syndrome aka EDS type 3 can cause that kind of pain (along with gut trouble and anxiety/depreSsion).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast