Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter Attia's Ted Talk is a must-see! page 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you for posting. I've been following Peter Attia and welcome the breath of fresh air he is and I believe will continue to be.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Peter's looking fit. No homo.
    lol...you're right....and no homo too.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for making me aware of this guy, and Ted Talk.....these are the kind of people we need to challenge CW.....

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Ted Talk is by and large garbage. Sometimes you get a few good ones.

M.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Peter Attia is what the World needs. His approach to Science is rigorous and he has the intelligence to communicate what is anathema to the CW. I love his work on low carb athletic performance, it gave me the faith to try it out.

november is offline Member
    Yeah, the fact that he's darn good looking doesn't hurt his case either :-)

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    A few weeks ago someone on here asked how they should go about losing weight. They had marked metabolic syndrome, had been told they were borderline NIDDM, and had been put on metformin. (First line tx) They asked what they should do to go primal and to lose weight. They asked about exercise, about carbs intake, etc.

I told them that they must target their insulin resistance as "goal 1,2, and 3". I told them that they are not fighting the same animal as a normal person, because their insulin resistance wasn't the symptom of being overweight, it was the CAUSE. All notions about workouts, primal carb curves, all of that goes out the window when you are fighting the "The Big Boss" as I refer to it, insulin resistance, to my patients. I say "Most people are fighting little guys. They fight willpower, soreness from workouts, their uncooperative relatives.....you are NOT fighting a little guy. You are up against The Big Boss, and it's going to take a David to take down Goliath, not half-measures. Do you read me?"

I am a doctor, specializing in severe eye disease from NIDDM, DI, and IDDM. I explain Dr. Attia's logic many times a day.

So yes, some of us DO get it

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    lol...you're right....and no homo too.
    What does "no homo" mean?

Is it like this?

Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    What does "no homo" mean?

Is it like this?

Sorry MM, watch the clip so don't know if you were having a laugh or not :-)

It's what insecure straight guys say after they've made a complementary comment about another man's appearence for fear that they may be accused of being gay.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    what does "no homo" mean?

Is it like this?

i <3 fotc
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast