Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hungry in the evenings page 2

Natureman Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    So if you're truly hungry...EAT. Maybe your body is telling you to eat more carbs, and by evening the need is greatest.

Is there a reason why eating at 5pm or 6pm is bad?
    No reason. I just try not too eat too much late at night.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    You mentioned protein, but how is your fat intake? If your fat is good, then maybe you need more carbs. Eat them! Nothing wrong with fruits, tubers, white rice, milk, etc. You could even concentrate them at dinner if you are trying to maintain certain goals.
    I could probably eat more fats during the day. I'll try that. Thanks.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I like a couple of rotten bananas right before bed. I do sleep better than those days where I completely fast.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Like a lot of CW, the negativity of eating at night is way overblown. Even when I eat two meals a day, rather than one, my first meal isn't until about 3 or 4pm and my second one is anywhere from 8 to 10 pm. Anytime I've tried the CW formula of three squares or not eating after 7pm, I become irritable at night, sluggish during the day, and fat. Is there a meal you're eating during the day that you're eating out of habit rather than hunger? If so, maybe skip that one and let yourself eat when you're really hungry late at night.

Some cultures with hot weather don't eat supper 'til late in the evening - it doesn't seem to hurt them any. And if you're trying to lose weight, your calorie intake over time is what matters, not time of the day. We've developed so many rights and wrongs with eating that it can drive anyone who doesn't fit into the "normal daytime eating" model a bit crazy. Don't let it. N=1. Eat when food gives you the most satisfaction.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Like a lot of CW, the negativity of eating at night is way overblown. Even when I eat two meals a day, rather than one, my first meal isn't until about 3 or 4pm and my second one is anywhere from 8 to 10 pm. Anytime I've tried the CW formula of three squares or not eating after 7pm, I become irritable at night, sluggish during the day, and fat.
    JoanieL- I'd have to agree, the CW of 3 squares has tripped me up.

OP - Totally struggled w/ the same; BIG TIME cravings in the evenings. I've really had to address the volume of protein I've had throughout the day to help w/ this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12