Thread: Hi everybody . . . page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Hi everybody . . .

Shop Now
    My name is Rosemary and I've been a "Primal Blueprinter" for over 2 years. I introduced myself when I joined but now I'd like to find out if there are any PBers living in the Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Palm Desert, or La Quinta area? I guess you'd call it the Coachella Valley. I've met folks that have or are doing Atkins etc. but never anyone that is a true, born and bred MDA'er. I wasn't sure where to post this so if there is a better place please clue me in.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hi Rosemary. Don't know of any specifically in the Coachella Valley, but I'm just west of Riverside. There are a good number here in So. Cal.

Hope you stay with us, most (but not all) of us are committed PBers.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hi Rosemary. Don't know of any specifically in the Coachella Valley, but I'm just west of Riverside. There are a good number here in So. Cal.

Hope you stay with us, most (but not all) of us are committed PBers.
    Thanks for saying "Hi" Crypto, it's nice to know there is more of us in S. Calif. I did meet someone on the Low Carb Friends website awhile back right here in Palm Springs. There was a discussion regarding Shirataki noodles and I couldn't seem to locate any in the stores, in her reply she mentioned she lived here too.
    I am truly "committed" to PBing for the rest of my life. Now that I've reached my goal, about 6 weeks ago, I'm having a problem stopping the weight loss. When I weighed on Sat. I had lost another 5 lbs. I was morbidly obese for quite a few years and after losing the weight it feels like going against nature to increase my eating. I've been eating to fullness for a long time and increasing the volume of food beyond fullness will just expand my capacity for more. It's been very hot here, guess you've noticed it too, so I'm making sure I have at least 1 iced coffee with heavy cream every day, no sugar, of course. Had to learn how to do it myself, Starbucks is too pricey, but that's just a drop (of heavy cream) in the bucket!

Let's touch base every now and again, who knows, more of us may appear.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 07-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Maybe your goal was too high for your real 'natural' weight. I agree it would seem quite odd to try to gain after all that time working at loosing.

Other that coffee and cream, what are you eating?

Yes, God-awful hot. I've been hiding indoors for the last 5 days, and not walking. I usually enjoy walking and it's necessary for my circulation in my right leg. Or else the vascular surgeon will be after me. I'm thinking about walking in the gym and lifting some more weights, but so far only thnking.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Maybe your goal was too high for your real 'natural' weight. I agree it would seem quite odd to try to gain after all that time working at loosing.

Other that coffee and cream, what are you eating?

Yes, God-awful hot. I've been hiding indoors for the last 5 days, and not walking. I usually enjoy walking and it's necessary for my circulation in my right leg. Or else the vascular surgeon will be after me. I'm thinking about walking in the gym and lifting some more weights, but so far only thnking.
    Actually, I'm still not sure what my weight should be. I'm 5.3 or so. One day a girlfriend and I measured each other very carefully but, having arthritis in both knees, the right one being, by far, the worst won't allow me to stand absolutely straight. I Googled around and checked out the height and weight of other PBers in the group and settled on 120. With all the research I found a weight spread of between 117 and 134. I'm medium build.

Breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs with added bacon grease (son-in-law taught me how to do them in the microwave) and chopped bacon, a large handful of torn-up spinach and a generous handful of shredded cheese. (not lactose intolerant) Been eating a version of this for 26 months.

Lunch is meat, chicken leg, slice of meatloaf or roast and veggies with lots of butter. If veggies are zucchini they also get a dose of parmesan cheese. Sometimes tuna salad with added chopped cabbage/coleslaw and half a avocado or egg salad.

Dinner is much like lunch. Tonight I might make "hamburger soup with gr. beef, spinach and chopped tomatoes" I always eat to fullness

I've also tried to add some higher carb veggies like peas, green beans and onions, but no corn. I had so much weight to lose (124 lbs) and it took so long because I was in a wheelchair for over a year, during that time. I broke my thigh falling over a stack of books I was responsible for putting on the library floor in the first place. It took a long while to heal, blame my age in part for that, and I wasn't able to exercise. Still, it's scary to see the scales creep up. I know me and that I can lose control quickly, especially with sugar. I almost never snack.

Your eating sounds perfect, except maybe peas, they're lentils and not PB approved. Adding turmeric to everything possible helps with arthritis and associated pain.

That's awful about breaking your thigh. So unfair. PB should help it mend quicker.

I'm 5'8" (I've shrunk a bit) and 134. Small framed, so that's plenty heavy for me. I could loose more but I'm not working at it. I'm hear for health.

It's still too hot out. Today I'll go to the gym.

Just checked, not that it makes me feel cooler, but it's 113. The humidity is 10%. That should mean something. Before I lost my husband, we had a pool service here in P.S., he used to say "if it was over 115 it didn't matter how hot it was, it was just hot.
    Thanks for mentioning the turmeric. I'm going to need to research how to use it. I understand it's extremely good for you. Aside from that, I love the color, reminds me of exotic places.
    Have a fun 4th. I plan to do laundry.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Hi Rosemary -- i was searching the forum for Palm Springs peeps and here you are!
    I wondered if we could chat about sources of good beef and chicken and veggies? Maybe offline. If you're interested in a local pal, i'll send you my email directly.

Hi Roary, I'd enjoy chatting with someone local. Tomorrow is the first day of school here and I just discovered yesterday that I had totally wiped out a file I'll need today. Let me see if I can clean up the "mess" and I'll get back to you. Since I'm not sure about other ways to contact members, I'll come back and post here the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Hi Roary, I'd enjoy chatting with someone local. Tomorrow is the first day of school here and I just discovered yesterday that I had totally wiped out a file I'll need today. Let me see if I can clean up the "mess" and I'll get back to you. Since I'm not sure about other ways to contact members, I'll come back and post here the first time.
    Hi Roary, "mess" is fixed and project is finished! That doesn't mean I'm ready for school tomorrow. I'd love to chat with you offline or wherever. Just let me know how you want to "talk". As for "good beef, chicken and veggies" I have to resort to Walmart, Staters and Ralphs. (Looking at Costco and Sam's club for maybe a once a month trip.)

Grass fed meat and free range chickens are great but even though I'm just feeding me, it's too costly. After all a gal has to have a hair weave and regular haircuts! I do take the "grass-fed" science seriously, but the only place locally I've found grass-fed meat is at Trader Joe's, frozen ground beef, $6.99 a lb. I have head that Ralph's might carry some. We have the Street Fair every Friday night, you probably know that, they should be good for veggies.