Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bench Press Foot Position

Shop Now
    The bench I use is 17" from floor to top of the padded part.

So it's too tall... That stinks

I got mine from Amazon last year, and I think it's the same one that RichMahogany has. Use the plates.

I'm short, too short to flat foot the ground on our bench. Instead, I maneuver to where I can flat foot onto the bench's U- shaped front foot (under where you attach the preacher's pad.) Would that work for you? The plates are fine, just trying to save you a step.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm short, too short to flat foot the ground on our bench. Instead, I maneuver to where I can flat foot onto the bench's U- shaped front foot (under where you attach the preacher's pad.) Would that work for you? The plates are fine, just trying to save you a step.
    Her bench probably doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Her bench probably doesn't have that.
    I wasn't sure, which is why I offered it as an alternative.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Would that be a pad for doing curls? I have that.

I will try that

Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    I will try that
    Probably too narrow for proper foot positioning anyway, but give it a shot. If that doesn't work, keep using the plates on the floor. Remember, butt stays on the bench, but visualize "squatting the weight up" (I think that's Wendler's phrase)

Shop Now
    There are two pads there, for leg presses I guess. Im not tall enough to do that with safety. Thanks for the idea though. I have been leaving the plates there, too big to lift off the rack and to the floor every time I want to lift anyway.