Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000-2500 calories question page

muffinz is offline Member

2000-2500 calories question

Shop Now
    I am getting back on track after dabbling with PB for a few months- just started again yesterday. I am female, 5'5", 140#, out 24% body fat last time I checked. Calories tracked yesterday were almost 2500 with 80% from fat, and 10% from protein and 10% from carbs. I ate a lot of fat due to feeling hungry (due to limiting carbs). I have read Mark's post about calories in context and many other forum opinions of whether or not calories matter- it just seems like such a large amount of calories for me- but should I just keep eating like this and see what happens? I was just so hungry I kept eating fat lol...

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    are you at all active? if not, i'd say 2500 cals is a lot, yes.

protein is the most sating of the 3 macros, so unless you're controlling epilepsy with a ketogenic diet, i don't think your fats need to be that high.

eat more meat.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

muffinz is offline Member
    I am active, I walk several hours per week, do sprinting once per week, and body weight exercises 2-3 times per week.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Out of curiosity, what do you eat that you get so much fat and so little protein? I'd eat more meat.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Why are you insistent that that macro breakdown is the only way? Try lowering fat and increasing both protein and carbs to help feel more satiated. 100g protein, 100g carbs, the rest fat or whatever you feel hungry for. Doesn't have to be the same every day either!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    protein is the most sating of the 3 macros, so unless you're controlling epilepsy with a ketogenic diet, i don't think your fats need to be that high.

eat more meat.
    Agreed ... fats for me were not satiating at all if not paired with one of the other 2 macros. If you want to try lowish carb, that's fine, but you can certainly have more protein.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Also work in fasting, you aren't going to starve to death, over power your brain and tell it you will eat later.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eat more protein. That will help you feel less hungry. When you think "protein" don't think "nuts and nut butters", "yogurt", "cheese", "protein shakes". Think "chicken", "steak", "fish".
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, definitely go with the advice of eating more protein. Calories certainly matter, and the range that you want to stay in will depend on your goal, but you will find that you're much less hungry when you up the protein.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Why are you counting all this stuff to start with? Are you trying to treat a disease? It doesn't make sense to count if there isn't a treatment to be effected and it doesn't make sense to give advice when the goal is unknown.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast