Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offal for dumbies page 2

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherp View Post
    I saw Jamie Oliver do a dish with liver, bacon, steak and a potato mash that actually appealed, and I NEVER thought I'd say that about liver!!!
    Me too was on 15min meals

I don't like jamie Oliver and the way he drizzles his olive oil on everything !!!

London

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    I make a buttery, creamy pate that I eat every weekday in a cucumber, bacon and liver stack
    I use half calf liver, half chicken liver and I dice it all up into tiny pieces.
    I put a crap load of butter into a pan with some dried thyme and wait until the butter starts to turn brown.
    Then I take the pan off the stove and stir in the liver. I let the residual heat do most of the cooking.
    Then I add a dash of cream and put the pan back on the stove for a tick to warm the cream.
    Then I blitz it all and put in the fridge to set.
    Yummy.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
    I make a buttery, creamy pate that I eat every weekday in a cucumber, bacon and liver stack
    I use half calf liver, half chicken liver and I dice it all up into tiny pieces.
    I put a crap load of butter into a pan with some dried thyme and wait until the butter starts to turn brown.
    Then I take the pan off the stove and stir in the liver. I let the residual heat do most of the cooking.
    Then I add a dash of cream and put the pan back on the stove for a tick to warm the cream.
    Yummy.
    This looks awesome. No eggs? I am really unfamiliar with things like pâté. How much butter do you like? I've seen some with 50/50 with the liver.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    I got some goat offal 2 night
    . Whole liver & 2 kidneys.

Anyone ever cooked goat offal before?
    Tips

London

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    I love chicken liver but I've only ever had it fried (and breaded). Would love to branch out a bit...

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    This looks awesome. No eggs? I am really unfamiliar with things like pâté. How much butter do you like? I've seen some with 50/50 with the liver.
    Hi Ritten,

No, i don't add any eggs. But yes, my ratio does work out to about 50/50 liver and butter. I've only started eating liver this year, so it took quite a few goes for me to find a simple but tasty (and not too livery) pâté mix. Sometimes I have added some chopped mushrooms into the butter for a few minutes before adding the liver just for something different. I'm also thinking I may at some stage add in some bacon, or onions.. or whatever else dings my lightbulb

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I made some chicken liver for breakfast today using an old primal trick. Wrap it in bacon. Needless to say, it was delicious and happily had none of the gross mealy texture of previous tries. I think it may be the quality maybe or the preparation. Anyway, I would totally suggest it as an entry to offal.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
    Yummy.
    I did a slightly different take on this, but you inspired me, so thank you!

8 oz lamb liver
    1/3 cup goat milk
    1 Tblsp butter
    1 Tblsp coconut oil
    2 oz onion
    coconut aminos to taste (because just about everything tastes better with coconut aminos)

I sauteed the onion in the coconut oil. The lamb liver had already been sauteed in some fat I can no longer remember (leftovers in the freezer). Everything into the pool/food processor. Process 'til smooth. Chill in fridge until ready.

It might not be as creamy as some folks like, but I like liver, and so have no need to mask its flavor or texture with lots of fat. Still, the butter in it certainly added a nice touch. Yum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12