Thread: Usa short film re organic grass fed beef page

shadgal is offline Senior Member

Usa short film re organic grass fed beef

Showing here in Palmerston North, NZ at the moment is the 'Reel Earth' Environmental Film Festival and one of the films may be of interest to primal eaters especially maybe those in USA. The film is called CUD and is 16 mins long and was released 2009. This is the NZ synopsis:
    'Grass-fed beef, the family farm and a dog named Possum: it could be anywhere in NZ but this is the USA! With humour and insight, fourth generation cattleman Will Harris produces a timely reminder that in the grand scheme of things, grass fed beef in an organic context is a major wealth generator and surprisingly sustainable land use. The paradox for the New Zealand viewer is a farmer held as a paragon of environmental virtue. What a difference a country and a context makes! Guaranteed to dismay vegetarians and horrify vegans, CUD is frank funny and refreshing.'

Apologies I can't comment on it as I missed the showing this weekend.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a great film. I hope they show it in Aus.

maranne is offline Senior Member
    Found it on vimeo...
    http://vimeo.com/6177004

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maranne View Post
    Found it on vimeo...
    http://vimeo.com/6177004
    I'll be watching that later. HD and widescreen presentation. Awesome. I may force my friends and family to watch this video.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Hello Shadgal! Just stopping by to tell you I have visited Palmerston North 4 years ago I also visited the sheep shearing museum there as well as a sheep farm in the area Lovely little town you have there! I took the train from Wellington to visit an old family friend who did a sort of exchange program with my family's ranch in Wyoming in the 1960s. These days Edwin is a die hard competitive shearing aficionado - was interesting to see a slice of Palmerston North from that angle!

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi TheFastCat, yes Palmy is a great little place. Yeah we love our sheep here! We like it anyway, everything here we need, not too big, not too small a couple of hours from ski fields if that's your thing, 2 hours from the capital, climate pretty mild, you only have to drive 5 mins and you are out of town in the country. And after 16 years in a big city this is for us especially with school age kids who can walk/cycle to school themselves. Husband walks to his office and it takes about 20 mins! Also we have great places to buy food. I've just come back from local organic butchery, with mince, beef bones, chicken, free range eggs and raw milk. Alot of kiwis are into their gardens and there has been a huge surge in interest in growing your own veges. We do even though we only have a small section, it's amazing what you can grow. We don't mind tourists coming to Palmy, in fact we positively encourage it, but you know kiwis, they are so laid back they are in danger of falling over! ha ha ha!