Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can your body realistically get stronger? page 9

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I can't remember the last time I saw something so simple made so complicated. There is no magical point at which someone is universally considered strong, just like there's no magical point at which a woman is universally considered hot.

There will always be some people who consider you strong, and some people who consider you weak. There are different measures of strength, and different compensating factors may or may not be considered. The strength standards tables provide nice reference points, but the numbers are probably somewhat arbitrary, there are other ways to measure strength, and strength is not the only goal for many people.

Just do what you can to improve what you care about, and don't worry about what the definition of "strong" is.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw something so simple made so complicated.
    That's our specialty around here.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw something so simple made so complicated. There is no magical point at which someone is universally considered strong, just like there's no magical point at which a woman is universally considered hot.

There will always be some people who consider you strong, and some people who consider you weak. There are different measures of strength, and different compensating factors may or may not be considered. The strength standards tables provide nice reference points, but the numbers are probably somewhat arbitrary, there are other ways to measure strength, and strength is not the only goal for many people.

Just do what you can to improve what you care about, and don't worry about what the definition of "strong" is.
    Very vise Primalhunter, I agree completely! And also don’t let us forget that “strong” is not the same as “fit” either – some people can be considered “strong” but at the same time unfit, like some big lifting guys that I know that hardly can walk a few stairs without resting…

quikky is offline Senior Member
    This is a crazy discussion. Are we seriously debating if a guy who can squat 45lb is strong? I don't care how much you weigh, if you squat 45lb, you are weak.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    This is a crazy discussion. Are we seriously debating if a guy who can squat 45lb is strong? I don't care how much you weigh, if you squat 45lb, you are weak.
    No freaking joke. My 11 year old, 60 pound girl gymnasts are squatting that much, perfectly.

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    many seem to have missed the point that I could have said 100lbs 300lbs 50lbs the number on the bar that I chose was irelivent and arbatry (has no baring to what I can / can't do in real life) I simply used it as a number to try and make a point ... obviosly this consept is beyond you.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    many seem to have missed the point that I could have said 100lbs 300lbs 50lbs the number on the bar that I chose was irelivent and arbatry (has no baring to what I can / can't do in real life) I simply used it as a number to try and make a point ... obviosly this consept is beyond you.
    What is your point other than the fact that you want us to say you're so strong and wonderful because you can squat your own bodyweight? I showed you examples of strong big guys. Can you do what they do? No. Congratulations, Snowflake.

Your building a robot and are putting hydraulic rams from the knees to the hips
    The torso of bot #1 weights 300 pounds ---so the rams need to be strong enough to lift that amount of weight.

The torso of bot #2 weights 100 pounds and you add 200lb pack -- so the rams need to be strong enough to lift that amount of weight.

Same strength 300lbs capacity hydraulic ram can be used in both

It real is/was that’s simple
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    Your building a robot and are putting hydraulic rams from the knees to the hips
    The torso of bot #1 weights 300 pounds ---so the rams need to be strong enough to lift that amount of weight.

The torso of bot #2 weights 100 pounds and you add 200lb pack -- so the rams need to be strong enough to lift that amount of weight.

Same strength 300lbs capacity hydraulic ram can be used in both

It real is that’s simple
    Robot # 2 can be used to lift a 200# object. Robot # 1 can be used to lift a 0# object. What's the point of strength that can't be used?

maybe robot #1 dosent have to lift objects ... maybe thats why robot 2 exists.

hell this got so twisted and blone out of protion that even I don't know what my orgin point was goign to be. .. forget it ... repeta after me .. the fat guy is week the fat guy is week the fat guy is week ..there happy again.... now we can all go back to are normal/other converstions
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast