Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can your body realistically get stronger? page 8

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The exrx strength standards gave me a good bit of what I wanted ... “concert numbers” .. I was looking for at what absolute point “a fix imperial value” on the continuum from half dead starving plague victim to Behdad does one cross the “line” from week to strong …

ie the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s and the weight one must move/lift to be called/labeled strong is xxx.xxx pounds for lift type y …. Absolute fixed value – did not care if it was comprised of bricks or iron or fat or a bag of dead birds. how old you are what % body fat, how offten you masterbate .. 1 universal fixed value

Also like I just learned when I was lifting seriously I realistically could have hit the “advanced” column on the standards … same column as you now … and yet if someone had put us side by sided everyone would have said you fit me fat/week … so I really don’t get the obsession or value in posting weights showing how strong one is and calming lift numbers can be used as actuate measures of heath if two people in the “same column” are not view/treated the same. Also strength and size are the most common numbers / things talked about in relation to the gym and what most even one says to “get more of” …yet impericly, with out fixed standards, both seem rather meaningless and vauge outside of a personal “today I added 5lbs to the bar and hit a personal best” scenario.

Will getting my ass into the gym and lifting heavy efectively burn a ton of fat off while allowing me to maintain my current strength levels (perhaps even gain a little) and get fitter and have a better body compstion… well yea daaa never tried implying otherwise ..

glad you get laid alot but as I have said time and again it realy didn't have anything to do with you persoanly
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 06:34 AM.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Maybe this is what you're looking for?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    The exrx strength standards gave me a good bit of what I wanted ... “concert numbers” .. I was looking for at what absolute point “a fix imperial value” on the continuum from half dead starving plague victim to Behdad does one cross the “line” from week to strong …

ie the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s and the weight one must move/lift to be called/labeled strong is xxx.xxx pounds for lift type y …. Absolute fixed value – did not care if it was comprised of bricks or iron or fat or a bag of dead birds. how old you are what % body fat, how offten you masterbate .. 1 universal fixed value

Also like I just learned when I was lifting seriously I realistically could have hit the “advanced” column on the standards … same column as you now … and yet if someone had put us side by sided everyone would have said you fit me fat/week … so I really don’t get the obsession or value in posting weights showing how strong one is and calming lift numbers can be used as actuate measures of heath if two people in the “same column” are not view/treated the same. Also strength and size are the most common numbers / things talked about in relation to the gym and what most even one says to “get more of” …yet impericly, with out fixed standards, both seem rather meaningless and vauge outside of a personal “today I added 5lbs to the bar and hit a personal best” scenario.

Will getting my ass into the gym and lifting heavy efectively burn a ton of fat off while allowing me to maintain my current strength levels (perhaps even gain a little) and get fitter and have a better body compstion… well yea daaa never tried implying otherwise ..

glad you get laid alot but as I have said time and again it realy didn't have anything to do with you persoanly
    The exrx strength standards include weight on the bar only (not bodyweight) and are relative to bodyweight. The opposite of everything you're saying.

yea looks like same type thing as the exrx strength standards posted by not on the rug .. the only measurement standards I knew of (not aimed at pro athletes) at the time "like until yesterday" where height-weight chart, bmi and %bf ... the last two of which I found totally fracked ... just as noted in another thread this morning. And from my n=1 at the gyms and in life the wieght I lifted didn't equated to any sort of positive view on heath yet I would say "advanced" on the either chart should be considered good

It takes mostly perseverance to improve. Stick with it.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    so I really don’t get the obsession or value in posting weights showing how strong one is and calming lift numbers can be used as actuate measures of heath if two people in the “same column” are not view/treated the same.
    do you want a hug? a handshake? a trophy? shut up and lift already. who cares how people view you? what are you a 12 year old girl? maybe people view you as annoying. because you are. yes, you have some absolute strength. but relative to your bodyweight, you are as weak as a child. how are people supposed to view a morbidly obese grown man who never stops whining? please tell us. if I saw you in the gym, working your ass off (whether you were squatting 45lbs of 450lbs) i'd be impressed. because that's a lot more than most americans are doing. i'd give you pointers, offer to spot you, etc. but as soon as you started flapping your lips about how people viewed you and treated you, i'd walk away. enough of the whining. you're not a victim of anything. be a grownup.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

yes but they are standard ie. the same for everone (within a dozen or so catagey not just one .. ok I can live with that)
    ..not you lifting xxx saying its good and your strong, someone else lift cccc and person 3 zzz claming no they are strong .. which is all I have experianced / seen posted .. shit all over the place with all sorts of differing variables
    so, I was trying to aply a striped down base level physics type approch ... leg muslecs must lift a given weight to be called strong .... anything above them moving is part of "the weight" lifted. sooo, what absoult weight moved equates with strong? thats how I was framing the question. so to arive at a common fixed starting/mesurment point. (better a slight inacurate/simplfied point of referance ... but far far better then none)

What, what if he could do pistol squats? Now wouldn't that be badass?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    but thso, I was trying to aply a striped down base level physics type approch ... leg muslecs must lift a given weight to be called strong .... anything above them moving is part of "the weight" lifted. sooo, what absoult weight moved equates with strong? thats how I was framing the question. so to arive at a common fixed starting/mesurment point. (better a slight inacurate/simplfied point of referance ... but far far better then none)
    643.1725 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    643.1725 lbs.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast