Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can your body realistically get stronger? page 11

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    15 butterflys and 2 mice ---But only if the panda has a metronome
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How are you a programmer if your typing is this inaccurate?

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Troll or severe confirmation bias, e.g. he wants to be reassured that he's just fine the way he is, and refuses to see that such is not the case.
    i vote for confirmation bias. however i do think that this guy is coming off like a total troll

anyway, confirmation bias. as was confirmed by the "the fat guy is the weak guy" comment above. nobody here thinks that. and nobody here has said that. but this guy was picked on and ignored by a couple of meatheads a the gym and a couple of the "cool kids" in high school and now he wants a hug. and because we are telling him the facts, and he disagrees with us, we're obviously all idiots. total confirmation bias.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

I am very severely dysgraphic .. like was qualified learning disabled bad (but haven’t keep the diagnoses current so don’t clam anything from it) .. My brain output is literly miss wired on a neurological level … computer saved my hide in school/collage/life if I take my time and use a spell checker I’m great .. if I rush or don’t spell check .. not so good like -officially sub 4th grade. … Programming to me is like lego just snap the pieces together (cut and past syntax and code snippets) make sure each module works one at a time link them together and your good to go.
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 11:47 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    If a tree falls in a forest and the only one around is a one handed deaf panda clapping how much could my cat bench press.
    Nothing. All major powerlifting federations require the bench presser's feet both remain on the floor throughout the lift. And your cat is incapable due to its felinimetrics.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    total confirmation bias.
    Just wikie'd that and skimed it quick and yea honistly a lot of it fits with a lot of my thinking (not just in this thread)

did chuckle at ..."Poor decisions due to these biases have been found in military, political, and organizational contexts."

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It seem to be a troll gathering around here, so let me get out of this thread before it’s too late…

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Nothing. All major powerlifting federations require the bench presser's feet both remain on the floor throughout the lift. And your cat is incapable due to its felinimetrics.
    But my cat is dead and has held many pounds of dirt over his head for over a year! Doesn't that make him strong? Can you hold many pounds of dirt over your head for over a year? There by you are weaker than my dead cat.

rigor mortis cat vs thin pine plank …think both would hold the dirt fine until decomposition but nether could hold an anvil

And I have more surface area so apron internment will indeed hold more pounds of dirt over my head then your cat. Double size coffin … just need to pimp it out
    Last edited by BigChris; 06-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    Chris, if you think you are strong enough or don't want to train for whatever reason, and just want to lose weight, try PB without all that. Mark says body composition is 80% nutrition. There are numerous posters here who do get good weight loss results by following PB only with respect to how they eat, and don't bother with exercise. (I'm not one of them. I want to do pullups.) Everyone has different goals. And they often evolve over time as you learn what is possible for you. You need to be satisfied with what your goals are and that working on them makes you happy.

For the record, I would ask all of y'all to help me move a couch or a car.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast