Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Store bought Rotisserie Chicken... PRIMAL?

Hybrid View

Store bought Rotisserie Chicken... PRIMAL?

Hi,

I am just wondering whether shop bought rotisserie chicken is ok or not? You know the ready cooked stuff from the deli counter, thats spinning on a skewer in an electric spit roast?

I am kind of on the run this lunchtime and trying to decide what to have...

Cheers

Not primal due to the nature of the oils used to baste it. They probably use vegetable oil high in omega 6 and low in O3. The chicken itself will have been fed on wheat based pellets and its lipid profile will be poor. If you do want to eat it have it with a bag of green salad and eat some oily fish later to put some good stuff into your body. It's up to you...one rotisserie chicken won't make much difference but don't wash it down with a can of fanta

I'd eat it. Its a much better option than a lot of other choices.

Alternatively you could just buy a packet of smoked mackerel fillets or cooked salmon from the chiller cabinet and have that with the salad. I do sometimes have those rotisserie chickens in a pinch, but I think they baste them in something that seems to vaguely upset my stomach.

Thanks guys!! smoked makeral it is then!! haha

I have found ingredient lists on a lot of store bought rotisserie chickens.

When I eat rotisserie chicken I don't eat the skin. That saves me from a bit of bad fats associated with supermarket chicken.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

People will tell you that it is toxic and dangerous and bad, but think about it. It is the carcass of dead animal roasted and served to you whole. Of course it isn't pastured or organic, and they may brush it with a little bit of soy oil, but it is infinitely better than most of the "fast food" options. Make sure you are getting lots of omega 3 from other sources, as factory farmed chicken is certainly high in omega 6, but don't feel bad about eating a chicken every so often. It isn't optimal, but if you want to eat something cooked instead of a can of fish, a chicken is probably one of the most primal options at a typical grocery store.

Yeah I went with the chicken with a salad and watermellon to finish! The chicken was obviously basted in some sweet concoction but like it is said on here I won't sweat on it!