Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Store bought Rotisserie Chicken... PRIMAL? page 2

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't think of Primal as black and white anyway. It's really a sliding scale where some foods are better than others, and sometimes you just have to make the best choice from what you have in front of you.

If your choices are a grocery store rotisserie chicken and a pizza, go with the chcken.
    If your choices are a grocery store rotisserie chicken and a fresh wild salmon that you grill yourself, go with the salmon.
    If your choices are a pizza and a whole cake, then I guess you fast for one meal. Or indulge. Up to you.

You just do what you can.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey

I sometimes have had the rotisserie chickens in my store too - they make a fast ready meal, and as the person above says - better than a pizza and alot of 'fast' alternatives!

It is something I will for sure have from time to time ongoing.....

PG!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you're gluten-sensitive, it's probably rubbed with a spice blend that has gluten in it. If you're not gluten-sensitive, that won't bother you.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    I have them on a somewhat regular basis. Sometimes I work late and don't want to cook when I get home from a 12 hour day. Don't sweat it. It's not like it's your only food source.

Sam's club uses gluten in their seasoning mix but one grocery chain near me does not. I'm celiac so I can say this with certainty.
    Last edited by notlupus; 06-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If you're gluten-sensitive, it's probably rubbed with a spice blend that has gluten in it. If you're not gluten-sensitive, that won't bother you.
    Oh, that's true. I forgot. KFC does too with their grilled chicken, which you would think you would be chicken... well, grilled. But it has a huge ingredient list.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's ideal, but I wouldn't really worry about it much either. I haven't had rotisserie chicken in a while, but I would in a pinch.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I don't think of Primal as black and white anyway. It's really a sliding scale where some foods are better than others, and sometimes you just have to make the best choice from what you have in front of you.

If your choices are a grocery store rotisserie chicken and a pizza, go with the chcken.
    If your choices are a grocery store rotisserie chicken and a fresh wild salmon that you grill yourself, go with the salmon.
    If your choices are a pizza and a whole cake, then I guess you fast for one meal. Or indulge. Up to you.

I agree with this. Do the best with what you have. Is Rotisserie chicken always the healthiest choice? Probably not. Is it going to hurt you? No, as long as it's not forcing you way beyond your desired calorie total.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

+1

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I'd start my own thread to ask this, but it's so close to your question it would be a waste....

I have always gone with the supposition that red meat is superior to pork or chicken if conventionally raised? Accurate? What is the order of best to worst meats if from a grocery store?
    If chicken is inferior to red meat due to lipid profile, does this drastically change if the chicken is free-ranged? (By this I mean raised myself on pasture foraging, insects)

Any input would be great. This has always confused me!

catpaws is offline Junior Member
    Plus, you can probably make two more meals from the leftovers. Mmmmm.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast