Thread: Oregon Newbie here! page

NWHikerOR is offline Junior Member

Talking Oregon Newbie here!

Hi everyone... First things first.

Your location: Oregon
    Age (If you want): 45
    How Primal are you: I like to think about 75-80%?
    Do you consume dairy: Only cheese
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. two cups daily.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Better life, stop mood swings and lose shape.
    Favorite exercise: Changes daily. Used to rock climb, run, anything.
    Favorite Primal food: So far? Guacamole filled hamburgers
    Best part about being Primal: I sleep better, feel better and think I look better
    Worst part about being Primal: I miss different things at different times. Mostly, I miss milk.

So anyway...I'm through week 1. No grains or dairy (save actual cheese, not fancy...but not processed) and I feel really good. I'm liking it a lot so far. Hasn't been too hard, but I'm not a hard-core PB'er either, yet.

Thought I would throw this out there and see if I could get some input. Here was my food intake for the day and I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

No breakfast. One cup of coffee.
    Lunch - guacamole filled hamburger pattie, broccoli and red, yellow and green peppers.
    Snack - apple
    dinner - salad (romaine lettuce), tuna, broccoli, olive oil and vinegar.
    water throughout the day (yes, i actually like water!) and tonight...I'm having a glass of red wine to celebrate the first week.

This is pretty much the routine at this point. I like the recipes here on MDA. But I'm locked in with veggies, red meat at one serving then salad at the other. If I eat breakfast, it's typically an omelet with cheese and diced ham.

Feedback apprecitated. Thanks for all your comments that have inspired me to go primal. So far its fun!!

raikay is offline Member
    Welcome from Oregon!! Congrats on finishing week 1, that can be a really rough one!

I like your menu, do you have any additional veggies in your salad or is it just romaine, broccoli and tuna with the vinegar and oil? My other wondering would be what you're doing exercise wise because it looks like it might be a little light on protein. (Then again, I'm really new and could very easily be very wrong).
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

NWHikerOR is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raikay View Post
    Welcome from Oregon!! Congrats on finishing week 1, that can be a really rough one!

I like your menu, do you have any additional veggies in your salad or is it just romaine, broccoli and tuna with the vinegar and oil? My other wondering would be what you're doing exercise wise because it looks like it might be a little light on protein. (Then again, I'm really new and could very easily be very wrong).
    Thanks for the reply raikay, I was beginning to wonder after 400 views LOLOL

I swap, add, subtract veggies as needed or so I don't get bored. Thanks for the feedback, I look into it more. I'm new as well, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't sabotaging myself!

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah a fellow oregonian. I am almost done with a full month of Paleo eating. I have cut out the dairy completely which I don't miss a whole lot. I miss all of our good beer the most. Personally I eat more meat at every meal then it looks like you do but if it works for you that is all that matters.

A fav. veggie meal is brussel sprouts. Roast them for 30 mins at 400 degrees with some olive oil and cut up bacon.