Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Obsessed with fruit page 4

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Marry me.
    I know I'm popular with boys, but that's probably because I'm gay.

A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Ya know when I read the title of this thread I had absolutely no idea it would lead us back to the carb wars.

I am Jack's complete lack of suprise.

To OP: Maybe go ahead and post a days worth of food. If in any part of it I see double digits worth of fruit presented as a "meal" I'm gonna say your not following the program (doesn't Rippetoe just do YNFTFP?).

READ THE BOOK.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I just read the entire thread and now the word "fruit" doesn't sound like a real word anymore : S

OP, if you're meeting your goals and everything is working for you, eat your fruit (teehee, "fruit"). If you're craving and bingeing on other sugar, or your weightless has stalled, maybe revise the amount you have. But never change something that works purely on the basis of a "norm".

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    Hi, AKlingen

I'm just brand new at all this, so maybe not so qualified to offer my advice, but I think my experience is pretty similar to yours, so here goes.

I, too, love fruit and could eats lots of it. But, I also have a very sweet tooth!! So, in the interest of n=1, for 3+ weeks I suspended my fruit consumption in case I was substituting fructose for other sugar cravings. I wanted to re-set myself, as it were. I replaced fruit with sweet veggies, first snap peas (oops, I think they're legumes) then sweet bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes instead. Then I moved onto less sweet veggies like zucchini and mushrooms, then stronger flavoured veggies like asparagus and broccoli.

I am thrilled to report that my 'sweet tooth' must've 'fallen out' - and I've only just re-introduced fruit back into my days, but as condiments instead, and choosing in-season berries and pitted fruits. For example, my current favourite is a big leafy salad topped with veggies du jour, salmon, and 6 or so blackberries (no dressing). Those few berries add such a delightful flavour burst and satisfy me just fine.

To re-iterate what others have wisely posted, fruit isn't necessarily 'bad' for us, but veggies do pack a better nutritional punch and provide better satiety.

I've also learned that a large part of eating wisely is to enjoy what you're eating.

Good luck and have fun going primal

L.
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

AKlingen is offline Junior Member
    ..well.. this turned out to be more responses than I intended on getting! LOL. Thanks everyone. I think I just have to keep going along and just tweaking things to fit my body. That's basically what I'm getting from all the replies... haha. much appreciated!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    To re-iterate what others have wisely posted, fruit isn't necessarily 'bad' for us, but veggies do pack a better nutritional punch and provide better satiety.
    Really? Veggies aren't satiating at all unless cooked in fat. I doubt veggies pack a better nutritional punch either. Then again, I am biased cause I eat a lot of fruit and don't see the point in eating veggies when fruit is available.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah I can eat a metric ton of salad and be hungry 5 minutes later unless covered with a pound of chicken and bacon.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Fruits lame. Eat some nuts and seeds.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Fruits lame. Eat some nuts and seeds.
    But I like to eat fruit.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seeing as this thread is highly likely to attract Peatatarians like bee's to honey (bwaahahhaha, I crack me up) I'm kinda trollin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast