Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsessed with fruit page 3

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Fruit isn't Primal/Paleo? Early humans had gallons of coconut, olive, and tallow for cooking? Access to pounds of shelled and processed nut and seed butters? Bricks of freshly churned butter?
    This made me LOL and LOL some more. Thanks, j3nn

*goes to eat some fruit*
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    Stick with LOW SUGAR fruits - berries, pears, apples, citrus fruit... Don't chow down on watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, mango, etc! Those are too high in sugar, thus not very paleo.
    You realize that actual 'paleo' tribal folks climb absurdly tall trees to get honey, right?

Cuz it's supremely high in delicious, sweet, sugary energy...

...right?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Holy fuck, people.

Eat fruit. It doesn't make you fat.
    Marry me.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    Stick with LOW SUGAR fruits - berries, pears, apples, citrus fruit... Don't chow down on watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, mango, etc! Those are too high in sugar, thus not very paleo.
    nihil

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Eat the fruit. You want the fruit, then eat it. Have some and enjoy it if it treats you well.

I was doing high fat in the winter, now with summer I've been eating so much fruit. I have some fruit meals too because it works really good for me and I love it. Sometimes I have fruit for dinner. I'm loving the varieties this summer and all the good ripeness. However, I have been craving less fat, thus my fat intake has been lower with the higher fruits.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Still looking lean with same caloric intake
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely eat as much fruit as you want. "Listen to your body," even if listening to it got you fat in the first place. Eat 1000 calories in carbs per day. That's current wisdom, so it must be right. Sing like no one is listening and eat like it won't affect your body in any way.

Me, I'm going to go get some of the gold my unicorn is shooting out of its ass.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Absolutely eat as much fruit as you want. "Listen to your body," even if listening to it got you fat in the first place. Eat 1000 calories in carbs per day. That's current wisdom, so it must be right. Sing like no one is listening and eat like it won't affect your body in any way.

Me, I'm going to go get some of the gold my unicorn is shooting out of its ass.
    All of that.

Why can't there be any moderation?
    Why does it have to be that if any one says "use some moderation" everyone freaks out.
    Geezus.

If you want to lose some weight and gain some muscle AND can do that eating ALL THE FRUIT, and it works for you. Great.
    If not. Dial it back. Up the protein. Eat some more veggies.

For some people eating a lot of fruit or high carb stimulates their hunger making them consume more calories overall, or at least making maintaining lower calories more difficult because of the hunger signals... if this becomes an issue you might want to deal with that.

As you can tell, for SOME people eating lots of fruits works very well... for others it really doesn't.
    Only you can figure out where you fit in this scheme.
    But it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.
    Really.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

sauerKraut is offline Member
    From my experience... it seems that I will not gain weight by eating tons of fruit, IF I keep the fat low.

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Too much fruit makes me fat. I can't handle the sugar content and if I'm craving it, it usually means I'm eating too much and the sugar cravings have returned but perhaps you are a low insulin secreter.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast