Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsessed with fruit page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    OP, when I started primal, I had no clue about the amount of carbs I was getting, and I ate as many fruits as I wanted. And I lost weight that way, and I managed to stick to primal 100%. When I read all the nagging about low carb, I decided to try it, and I ended up binging every few days. So the high carb/low carb thing is completely up to you. Do what works for you, and listen to your body. You could try going low carb for a while and see how that makes you feel. Experiment and see! Maybe try tracking your calories for a week or something, while eating as much fruit as you want, and see if it stays within your calorie limit for fat loss.

I'm not too sure why you would think they're anti-primal/paleo for suggesting a high fruit intake. There's nothing non-primal about eating fruit. I really don't think a caveman would've passed by a load of fruit and gone like "nah, I won't be having any of that, where's the fat?".
    Maybe the general consensus is that low carb is better for fat loss, but primal doesn't equate fat loss anyway. And who knows, the OP might be one of the people that high carb works for, even for fat loss.
    Other than that, I don't see what they said that was anti-primal, lol.
    Excellent advice here.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKlingen View Post
    Hey! I'm new to the paleo/prim lifestyle. Just started on the 12th and I am looking to get healthy and lose weight that had been dragging me down for years now. I've read on differemt forums and such that to drop some weight, I should keep fruit to a moderation, but what is a moderation? I LOVE my fruit. I wish thats all I could eat lol but I am struggling now with eating fruit and feeling like i'm "failing" or something. What's a good strategy for losing extra weight and building lean muscle?
    Now that would be too much fruit. You should probably be getting 80-100g of protein a day, given your activity level. After that it's up to you how you wish to consume your energy calories.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    I'm not too sure why you would think they're anti-primal/paleo for suggesting a high fruit intake. There's nothing non-primal about eating fruit. I really don't think a caveman would've passed by a load of fruit and gone like "nah, I won't be having any of that, where's the fat?".
    Maybe the general consensus is that low carb is better for fat loss, but primal doesn't equate fat loss anyway. And who knows, the OP might be one of the people that high carb works for, even for fat loss.
    Other than that, I don't see what they said that was anti-primal, lol.
    This is the internet. Everything is not as it seems.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Its better to eat plenty of fruit than to end up bingeing on junk when your VLC strategy fails after a few days. I love bananas and dates, eat them all the time. My weight loss is probably a bit slower as a result, but I don't care. This is a life change, its still all going in the right direction.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What does obsessed with fruit mean? Do you have a few pieces of fruit every day or is it more like you make an enormous fruit salad and eat a gallon-sized bowl of it every day?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

AKlingen is offline Junior Member
    Wow! Thanks for the replies everybody!
    sbhikes: maybe "obsessed" was more of an eye-catcher lol, but what I mean by obsessed is I just love snacking on fruit all day or eating big pieces of, for example, pineapple. I prefer fruit to veggies and often find myself getting some fruit to eat when I feel like I have no energy. My roommate says I should be snacking on veggies instead, but I'm always opting for the fruit.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I just love snacking on fruit all day or eating big pieces of, for example, pineapple. I prefer fruit to veggies and often find myself getting some fruit to eat when I feel like I have no energy.
    I try and eat my fruit with meals. I eat 3 meals a day and generally eat fruit 2-3 times a day with my meal. You *should* eat enough at breakfast, lunch and dinner to not want to snack. I never feel like I don't have any energy in the course of a day. So, maybe work on only eating fruit at a meal time.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Stick with LOW SUGAR fruits - berries, pears, apples, citrus fruit... Don't chow down on watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, mango, etc! Those are too high in sugar, thus not very paleo.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Holy fuck, people.

Eat fruit. It doesn't make you fat.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Holy fuck, people.

Eat fruit. It doesn't make you fat.
    I like your style.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast