Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Breaking Mom traps/bad habits page 4

ayumi is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good job on the progress with your goals! One thing that helped me with not picking off others' plates is that I'm slightly germophobic. I love my kids but the stuff they might get over in a day could knock me flat. That keeps me from eating off their plates. Fear really isn't something to run off of all of the time but harnessed right it can be helpful.

I haven't had a chance to shop for myself yet but I'm thinking Vermont Smokehouse chipotle beef jerky and some Luv coconut ice cream (sweetened with stevia so it's mostly coconut and fruit.) Maybe a Larabar or two as well. Not sure what else.

Any suggestions?

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    To be honest. After the evening post, I had about 4 tb of pb and 3 cereal bars my mother in law sent home with us. Those are going in the garbage today.

I really should make some primal treats, but stick with the not eating them standing.

My hubby starts his first real attempt at a healthy lifestyle, so I think knowing I would be not eating those (he's going no grains) made me think " last chance to get some". This is so a trap I've been in before...no more, right?

Suggestions: choc. Chips...80% cocoa, what about some primal bars? I also live 3 oz. Full fat Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tb. Unsweetened Cocoa and 2 stevia packets topped with 1 tb. Almond butter

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

ayumi is offline Member
    Today I bought the jerky and some gluten-free ginger cookies to keep in the freezer. It feels good to have treats set aside for myself so I won't feel deprived or grouchy later.

The Greek yogurt recipe looks good! I'm allergic to dairy but that could work with coconut kefir. We also eat a version of it as a smoothie, with frozen bananas in place of yogurt. Yummmm!

Yesterday went well.
    Very little picking at meal prep abd just veg. :thumbup:

Also didn't eat off anyone's plate AND a small portion was fantastic. I think I'll do small plates today.

Another treat: make some primal granola and add a few chocolate chips...yum!!!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Whoa! Ok do healthy eating/ smoothie parties and I didn't overdo it. Just a sample like everyone else...PROGRESS!!!

Since I'm trying to keep carbs around 100 I've found these parties, though very primal, can get me way over my goal...but today! SUCCESS!!!

JennHeart is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    yep, I know I'm already full. more like the snacking is something "pleasant" in the unpleasant task of kitchen cleaning. I'll just have to suck it up and get through this chore of living.

Maybe try serving the meal in the containers that leftovers will be stored in? If you're having a side dish, instead of serving it in the pan or serving dish, scoop it immediately to the container you'll be storing it in and put it on the table with the lid under it. Then, when it's clean up time, put the lid on and immediately put it in the fridge. Resist the urge to put it in a smaller container or anything, just straight to the fridge. Maybe out of sight, out of mind? I had to put the easy to heat up/hard to resist freezer goods in the deep freezer. Makes it a little harder to get to and I often forget about them. Now, if only the almond butter weren't so easy....

No ideas for the picking off the little ones' plates. We have 2 german shepherds that my 18month old is MORE than happy to feed when she's done. Everything goes on the floor, or sometimes directly from her hand to dogs' mouth, so her tray is always empty at the end of mealtimes. The dogs adore her.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234